The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

Decent signing that and can only agree with others above. Very happy to see him get a big move (in relation to the rest of his career). We signed him from a Uni team and he just strolled through every Match. I would say from what I seen over his years with Alloa and Livi, he was always improving. Think he is a much better option than Webster actually...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much pace but otherwise an excellent defender. Reads the game well, strong in the air, puts himself on the line when required and a real leader. He made the decision to go full-time last summer but I think at 29 top flight clubs felt he was too old to get a chance at that level. A bit younger and it would have been different.

Was a shame that after turning down ft a few times down the years then taking the plunge, that he landed at Livingston. Great for him to now get an opportunity at a proper ft club. Good luck to him.

Another 5 signings expected according to Rae. One of whom will be arriving next week as long as we're not beaten to the punch. I'm assuming he'll be a quite important and higher earning one as Rae says that completion of the deal will clear the way for 3 or 4 more to follow.

Smaller squad but with higher quality is what he says he's going for.

We now appear to have signed two players in Hutton and Gordon that haven't been absolutely slated by every other fan, this is giving me an unnerving confidence for the season already.

Quinn, Hutton, Gordon, Sutton - all over six feet. Only Clarkson is under that height at 5ft 10in. Makes a change from the squad of midgets we had last season.

Edit to Add: And Naismith, Baird and Webster are all over six feet - the tallest squad in the League?

Anyone know if/when the Sutton rumour is going to be confirmed? I'd love to see it happen, he'd be great at this level.

It seems that once he's negotiated a severance package with St Johnstone then a deal can be done. Some speculation that it's note over the line as of yet.

Archived