The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21/22 should have competent technical ability if a professional football player.

Am I not allowed an opinion if it doesn't fit with yours?

Of course you are but I'll argue the point if I feel you're wrong. Which I am doing, because I think you are.

Footballers generally don't peak until later on in their twenties, so to suggest a guy at 21 who only played his first season of first team football last season isn't still raw is, in my opinion, wrong. And the folk who give him abuse at the games are by and large, bellends.

Of course they are what you called them if they give St Mirren players abuse at matches.

Still say a player in his very early 20's should be able to regularly control a football, which he can't.

But in his favour,he can run fast....

And gives 100%.

So hopefully no abuse for the wee boy.

He's certainly come onto a game since I said to a guy that sits next to me, " For f**k sake Gallagher is pish and he can't finish either", just 30 seconds before he scored the winner in the recent game against the unfortunates from Greenock.

I would hope he's learned from this season's experiences and performs more consistently in the future.

He's certainly come onto a game since I said to a guy that sits next to me, " For f**k sake Gallagher is pish and he can't finish either", just 30 seconds before he scored the winner in the recent game against the unfortunates from Greenock.

I would hope he's learned from this season's experiences and performs more consistently in the future.

He had a shocker that game before he scored - not the first time he'd done that either. Not a major issue if you're up front but bit more expected of you when you're playing in midfield. That day he seemed to be doing the tricks and flicks well and messing up the simple stuff!

Glad as he's staying as 8 goals is a decent return considering he's played out wide much of the time. I know Rae has gone 4-4-2 for much of the season so far but I wonder, now that he's building his own squad, if we'll go 4-3-3/4-5-1? You could have a middle three of Quinn, Hutton and Mallan, play Gallagher and Morgan out wide and go with TBC through the middle.

David Clarkson signs on a free from Motherwell, one year deal.

Underwhelming signing. One goal in half a season on loan for us last year...

His link up play was the only real positive on show from him.

His goal tally was awful, but we didn't really create all too many chances for him, so hopefully we can improve in both areas.

I think he'll do us a job, which is all we can expect.

I can see what he brought to the table. Under Murray we had no one to drop deep, pick the ball up and most importantly, make it stick. One goal of a return was poor though, I agree.

If there were goals there it'd have been perfect. Surprised he's only 30 and he's scored enough goals in his career to suggest that he'll be able to do similar with us.

Glad to see Rae getting his business done early - felt that Craig & Murray were kinda overtaken by events. Get the core of the team built ASAP and keep back a few spondulicks for whomsoever might be available towards the end of August.

Nade can't have signed or else they would have announced it together. Or maybe Alex has went for Clarkson over Nade.

I don't think its a coincidence that Shankland started looking like a player when Clarkson was up front with him. Obviously the main thing a striker is judged on is goals though so we'll need him to step it up next season on that front but with a good pre-season under his belt hopefully he'll do the business.

Happy with Clarkson.

Think there's a big difference when someone comes to a club at 30 on loan half way through a season, as against signing for them and having a full pre-season and feeling part of the club.

He's clearly a quality player, especially at this level, and I think so far the squad is shaping up nicely.

And it's great that it's still MAY!

For years we've been well in to pre-season before we make most of our new signings, and that can't be good.

Nade can't have signed or else they would have announced it together. Or maybe Alex has went for Clarkson over Nade.

I don't think its a coincidence that Shankland started looking like a player when Clarkson was up front with him. Obviously the main thing a striker is judged on is goals though so we'll need him to step it up next season on that front but with a good pre-season under his belt hopefully he'll do the business.

Rumour is Nade knocked back St Mirrens offer.

What's everyone's opinion on the proposed takeover? Apparently only around 550 fans have signed up, and we've set a deadline of 19th June to get the 1000.

Disappointing we can't get 1000 people to sign up - where does this leave us if we can't get to that number in time?

Rumour is Nade knocked back St Mirrens offer.

Pretty sure I have read in the Dumbarton threads that he has a new business and he enjoyed being part time?

We probably can't offer him enough to make the switch to full time worth while.

hope so.

I think he would be a great option off the bench and to fill in when injuries/suspensions kick in. He has scored a few goals for Dumbarton in a short period of time.

What's everyone's opinion on the proposed takeover? Apparently only around 550 fans have signed up, and we've set a deadline of 19th June to get the 1000.

Disappointing we can't get 1000 people to sign up - where does this leave us if we can't get to that number in time?

We'll be taken over by these other so called parties who are waiting to pounce?

Archived