The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ. We really are a car crash of a club sometimes!

Surely we aren't responsible for actually making and proof reading advertising signs though? We simply offer up space.

On the other hand, it should have been taken down if we're no longer getting money from them. Unless that was the point you were making.

Heard Nade is a done deal and we're close to getting Whyte. Obviously close in football terms could mean something else today, just need to see what happens.

Like Chappers, I won't believe anything till their holding the scarf at the stadium.

Heard Nade is a done deal and we're close to getting Whyte. Obviously close in football terms could mean something else today, just need to see what happens.

Like Chappers, I won't believe anything till their holding the scarf at the stadium.

Nade and White. That's just greedy.

Anyway if the Prince is headed your way I'll be gutted but not surprised. If you can keep him fit he'll be a cracking signing, and leaves a massive hole for us to fill.

He is like a racehorse though, a supreme athlete, but when he picks up an injury you normally have to get him put down*

*not literally of course, but you won't see him for a while. When he gets injured it tends to be a bad one.

Edit: Member title thing on here changed in the last act of defiance. 

Aye, as much as I'll be gutted to see him go his injuries would be an issue for a club like us.

I mentioned it on our thread a while back that I'm not sure we could have our main striker on a big wage (in Dumbarton terms) and he misses half the season through injury. In his short time with us he missed a fair whack of games.

St Mirren are in a better position to take a risk on a guy like him and in terms of St Mirren's wage bill he wont be a top earner, unlike if he stayed with ourselves.

Keep the big man semi fit and he's an utter machine.

Given the last player we signed that Dumbarton fans raved about, I'll wait until I see him play for us before making a judgement.

I think you'll find at the time that a lot of us felt it was too big a move for Aggy and that Murray was making a mistake.

Whilst we finished pretty close in the league our targets and expectations were completely different. None of us viewed Aggy as a player who was good enough for a team chasing promotion, as good as he was for us.

Nade is a different type of player however, I'm confident if he stays fit he will be a success in this division. Even for a team looking to challenge or the playoffs.

Sure I read somewhere this morning that while there are clubs wanting Nade, we weren't one of them. Think it was on the website of one of the Dumbarton local papers (not the Lennox).

Sure I read somewhere this morning that while there are clubs wanting Nade, we weren't one of them. Think it was on the website of one of the Dumbarton local papers (not the Lennox).

Supposedly this came from an ex player, just need to wait and see I guess.

Aye, it's on the Dumbarton Reporter website.

http://m.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/14485482.Sons_boss_admits_he_faces_a_battle_to_keep_star_striker/

I'm rather happy if that's the case.

A few don't appear to rate him but we had great production out of him, chipped in a lot of goals for someone playing wide. His work rate also helped out the team as a whole.

Still a few things he has to work on, but if he is as good or even slightly improved he'll be good to have again.

Archived