The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we are making a few moves early rather than the usual wait until a fortnight before the season kicks off then sign any old shite that are still lingering without a club.

Haven't a foggiest clue about Hutton so fingers crossed it works out.

At least we are making a few moves early rather than the usual wait until a fortnight before the season kicks off then sign any old shite that are still lingering without a club.

This. Our hesitancy in previous seasons has been highly frustrating. This at least creates the impression that Rae knows what he wants and - let's face it, with Goodwin out the door and Carswell leaving without having kicked a ball last season - we clearly needed a new DM.

He's a sexy fucker, too. Not quite a replacement for Thommo (who is?), but decent enough.

Quote by Hutton from OS...

“I got the phone call from the manager asking me to come on-board and had a chat with him for five minutes and after that I was dying to join.

“He told me about the plans for the club and I know how big a club it is. He was talking about how he wants to push on to go up this year and just told me about the kind of things he’s going to try to do this year. It’s a big club and talking to him personally swayed the decision for me, I’m delighted I’m signed up.

“I knew a few boys from the past, I still speak to Kenny McLean and he’s told me about the size of the club, the fans and how enthusiastic they are about the club. Putting all those things together, the stadium, the training facilities etc. I just knew it was the right place for me.â€

Sounds like he knows the score :)

Good signing for St Mirren. Seemed to split opinion amongst Thistle fans but I really liked him.

Got better with Queens after he got match fit and got a run of games under his belt.

Should we not punt the Thomsons cycle sign and sell the space to a shop which isnt actually closed :) slightly off topic haha

Shouldn't have been put up in the first place as they can't spell Paisley!

Archived