League Cup 16/17 Draw

harry94

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie, Morton, Albion Rovers, Clyde and Berwick.

Couldn't pick a more pointless, boring group out of them all. Absolutely horrific.

Speak for yourself. We haven't played Berwick away for years, games with Killie are rare and Albion Rovers is a good away trip. If the fixtures work out the right way - ie Berwick & Rovers away - it's a cracking draw having been landed with only one pointless boring club.

I reserve the right to revise this post in the event that we contrive not to beat Clyde.

Worth noting its only the group winners then the four best second placed sides that get through.

Guest DAVIDB69

When are the fixtures drawn/scheduled for this?

I would assume once the find out what four dates are best for rangers

Guest DAVIDB69

Problem with this type of format, with so little margin for error, is that a defeat pretty much transforms remaining games into friendlies.

They are understandably taking this up but there will be a lot of dead games

Kilmarnock, Morton, Albion Rovers, Clyde for us.

Grim. Unlikely to progress with 2 FT opponents, little by way of travelling supports to visit us, and facing trips to empty stadiums or run-down holes.

Shit really? Ah well, good to get a Highland League team.

Sold their home last year. Share matches between Inverurie, Formartine, Keith, Banks o'Dee and perhaps Forfar/Montrose.

When are the fixtures drawn/scheduled for this?

Fixtures to be announced "next week" is the most information we got.

Guest DAVIDB69

Always an issue in Scottish football cup draws are made but you generally have no idea when fixtures will be announced

Televised games I'd imagine will be the four Rangers games and one of Falkirk-St Johnstone/Dundee Utd-Inverness.

The Blair Alston love in from the maws in our support will give me the boak.

Surely they can't find an excuse to show east Stirling v Sevco on a wet Wednesday?

Archived