Raith Rovers v Hibernian Hibernian v Raith Rovers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ almighty, some of the players in that side.

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same about that Rovers side. Of the 14 Rovers to feature, Callum Booth is the only one to have taken a step up. Three are still established first team players (Anderson, Thomson and Callachan) while Laidlaw would be back-up keeper if not for injury. Laurie Ellis has essentially retired from playing and is on the back room staff. Liam Fox has moved to Hearts in a coaching capacity. Dougie Hill was relegated from this season's Championship with Alloa. Joe Cardle is at Dunfermline. Greig Spence is at Cowdenbeath, as was Gordon Smith until he emigrated to Australia. Fraser Mullen won League Two with East Fife. Reece Donaldson is at East Stirling, and Kevin Moon has dropped off the face off the earth. 

Christ almighty, some of the players in that side.

The players in your side? We had Liam Fox, Greig Spence, Fraser Mullin, Reece Donaldson and Ross Laidlaw in our side, with Grant Murray as Manager, so no sympathy from us. Hilarious that, that side managed to score 3 goals at Easter Road that season then went on and won the Petrofac cup as well.

Had some brilliant memories at Easter Road within the last 2 and a half year, hopefully we can form another brilliant memory tomorrow..

The players in your side? We had Liam Fox, Greig Spence, Fraser Mullin, Reece Donaldson and Ross Laidlaw in our side, with Grant Murray as Manager, so no sympathy from us. Hilarious that, that side managed to score 3 goals at Easter Road that season then went on and won the Petrofac cup as well.

Had some brilliant memories at Easter Road within the last 2 and a half year, hopefully we can form another brilliant memory tomorrow..

Probably the worst Hibs side in living memory. And Takes some beating to be worse than a side with Matt thornhill and Martin Scott as your midfield two!

Fraser Mullen started that season at us and got subbed about 30 minutes into the Malmo game :lol:

Stokes has been performing better than Cummings.

The more you say it, doesnt make it true........Stokes 7 goals in 23.

Every game Ive seen him in for Hibs, he goes missing in the 2nd half and misses chances in the first half, the midweek Raith game was a carbon copy of the recent game v Falkirk. I thot he would kick on after scoring 2 against Inverness but no he hasnt at a level he should be skooshing and scoring for fun...

Cummings 8 goals in 20 since Stokes has arrived tho before Stokes he scored 17 in 25, Does Stokes have a clause that he must play ?

Every game Ive seen him in for Hibs, he goes missing in the 2nd half and misses chances in the first half, the midweek Raith game was a carbon copy of the recent game v Falkirk. I thot he would kick on after scoring 2 against Inverness but no he hasnt at a level he should be skooshing and scoring for fun...

Cummings 8 goals in 20 since Stokes has arrived tho before Stokes he scored 17 in 25, Does Stokes have a clause that he must play ?

I'm just giving my opinion from actually watching games. Stokes has played better than Cummings.

After an admittedly poor start, Stokes has came on to a game recently. If we score tomorrow chances are Stokes will be heavily involved in it. If it came down to either Cummings or Stokes being dropped to the bench I'd rather it was Cummings.

I'm just giving my opinion from actually watching games. Stokes has played better than Cummings.

You're telling people who watch Hibs every week that one player has been better than an another? :lol:

Stokes has been better than Cummings in last few months, no doubt about it.

This is a good thing because Stokes is shite, carry on as you were.

Also I think every Hibs fan was disappointed in Stokes for the first month or so. I expected him to come here in January and start ripping the league up from the get go, down to the undoubted ability that he has. That was just foolish on my part tbh. I totally ignored the fact that he was probably as far from match fit as you could possibly be. Combine that with the fact that it would take him a wee while to get used to playing with a new team/get used to the way his team mates play. I questioned his work rate aswell to begin with but the last few games I've been at his work rate was just fine. Think he gets a little frustrated at times if things are not done quick enough etc though.

Also I think every Hibs fan was disappointed in Stokes for the first month or so. I expected him to come here in January and start ripping the league up from the get go, down to the undoubted ability that he has. That was just foolish on my part tbh. I totally ignored the fact that he was probably as far from match fit as you could possibly be.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

I looked back on the season and he basically hadn't played in months.

He joins an ever growing list of Ex Falkirk strikers at Hibs who we clearly seen the best of and you get our sloppy seconds.

Still feel stokes is a shadow of the player that played for us a few years back. He seems to have very little pace and doesnt seem to have the same ability to beat 3 or 4 players like he did back then. Another player ruined by celtic.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

I looked back on the season and he basically hadn't played in months.

He joins an ever growing list of Ex Falkirk strikers at Hibs who we clearly seen the best of and you get our sloppy seconds.

He had a brilliant season at Hibs before getting his move to Celtic.

Aye. Collins, Taiwo, Michael fucking Nelson by christ :lol:

Grantie's got another big moment in him. Not a lot of folk expecting it tomorrow maybe, but he does offer something different. Natural width and born to get it out of his feet and run - plus that ridiculous leap. There will be a time, even if it's just 5 to go, when Ray will think he's the hing. Chasing it v Sevco it was his header that hit the post before Harry tapped in. He's got one more big moment this season i reckon.

Jesus, I had forgot about Nelson as well. Slower than a fortnight in Saughton and the mobility of a three piece suite. Probably a half decent defender in his day, by Scottish standards any way. That day had long since past when he was with us though.

Archived