Raith Rovers v Hibernian Hibernian v Raith Rovers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or else they are in serious danger of becoming an established Championship club.

With a bigger crowd and wage structure than the majority of the top league, making the two national finals. Not sure how you work that one out, we are hardly going to downsize to Falkirks level.

With a bigger crowd and wage structure than the majority of the top league, making the two national finals. Not sure how you work that one out, we are hardly going to downsize to Falkirks level.

Yet Falkirk have miraculously finished above Hibs this season with ourselves on about a 5th of your crowd not too far behind.

The Pars coming up, United coming down, any two out of Ourselves, Falkirk and Kilmarnock in the league and a St Mirren side who will not be as pish next season as they have been this season presents a very real challenge to Hibs' promotion hopes.

Let's not forget QotS who are usually there or thereabouts and a difficult Morton side.

The quicker Hibs can escape this league, the better. Huge pressure on the club in these playoffs.

The quicker Hibs can escape this league, the better. Huge pressure on the club in these playoffs.

This part of the post is true. We should be in the top flight and the sooner that happens the better.

The rest was a bunch of bollocks. Minter as it is to be down here, it will go down as an unfortunate footnote in our history.

This part of the post is true. We should be in the top flight and the sooner that happens the better.

The rest was a bunch of bollocks. Minter as it is to be down here, it will go down as an unfortunate footnote in our history.

Probably.

The point I'm making is that the potential is certainly there for Hibs to be in this league for a good wee while yet.

Ticket bought. Old man and I always go to a Rovers game each year (I know it's weird) and looking forward to it. You can win this Raith, you can beat the bin rakers afterwards too, but go and stay doon, yeah?

This part of the post is true. We should be in the top flight

Based on what?

When I say we are the 8th biggest side in the country that doesn't give us a right to be in the Premiership.

Ticket bought. Old man and I always go to a Rovers game each year (I know it's weird) and looking forward to it. You can win this Raith, you can beat the bin rakers afterwards too, but go and stay doon, yeah?

Are we the "bin rakers" ?:lol::lol::lol:

Good on you, hope you enjoy the game. 

Play as well as we can and we should have enough to win the tie.

No doubt that's the case. If Hibs play to their best they'll win. I was dismayed to hear McGeough was back from injury at the weekend, completely ran the show every time against us - no coincidence that when he got injured Hibs fell apart.

I'd be delighted to be in the tie going to Easter Road but realistically I think we need a win on Wednesday to go through. Hibs for all their faults have a very good home record - the hiding in the Challenge Cup from Rangers and a hiding from Morton the only defeats, as far as I can see? Which includes wins over Hearts, Rangers x 2, Aberdeen, Dundee United and a draw with ICT. By contrast they haven't won away in the league since February. 

Thing is, despite a heavy schedule I actually think our squad is equipped to deal with the play-offs. We generally make a couple of changes match-to-match anyway. Biggest test is up first for me. Cummings to score at Stark's is virtually guaranteed after the sitter last time.

Great to be here but as posted above since the end of January we've won ten more points than any other side, and only lost at Ibrox. We shouldn't just be here to make up the numbers - hopefully the players show that, give a good account of themselves and make the tie last the distance. Can't ask for too much more than that.

Yet Falkirk have miraculously finished above Hibs this season with ourselves on about a 5th of your crowd not too far behind.

The Pars coming up, United coming down, any two out of Ourselves, Falkirk and Kilmarnock in the league and a St Mirren side who will not be as pish next season as they have been this season presents a very real challenge to Hibs' promotion hopes.

Let's not forget QotS who are usually there or thereabouts and a difficult Morton side.

Yep, Falkirk have over performed this season and rightly finished above us although it's not achieved anything yet, we also have the Scottish cup final to look forward to so I'll take that over losing second to goal difference.

It will be a real challenge next season, challenge is good tho and we will have the biggest budget and support in the league to assist us. If we don't go up in which we are still a better side than anyone we can face over two legs in my opinion.

Failure to go up for the 2nd time of asking is not acceptable but we only have ourselves to blame. 

Hopefully we can get through these 6 play-off games and go back up. 

Based on what?

When I say we are the 8th biggest side in the country that doesn't give us a right to be in the Premiership.

Should generally, not should be there now. Stop looking for things to be offended by.

No doubt that's the case. If Hibs play to their best they'll win. I was dismayed to hear McGeough was back from injury at the weekend, completely ran the show every time against us - no coincidence that when he got injured Hibs fell apart.

I'd be delighted to be in the tie going to Easter Road but realistically I think we need a win on Wednesday to go through. Hibs for all their faults have a very good home record - the hiding in the Challenge Cup from Rangers and a hiding from Morton the only defeats, as far as I can see? Which includes wins over Hearts, Rangers x 2, Aberdeen, Dundee United and a draw with ICT. By contrast they haven't won away in the league since February.

Thing is, despite a heavy schedule I actually think our squad is equipped to deal with the play-offs. We generally make a couple of changes match-to-match anyway. Biggest test is up first for me. Cummings to score at Stark's is virtually guaranteed after the sitter last time.

Great to be here but as posted above since the end of January we've won ten more points than any other side, and only lost at Ibrox. We shouldn't just be here to make up the numbers - hopefully the players show that, give a good account of themselves and make the tie last the distance. Can't ask for too much more than that.

Good post, Raith have been very impressive lately. Rovers definitely shouldn't fear anyone in these playoffs but regardless of what happens, there's a lot to feel optimistic about at Raith.

If those teams are the biggest threats then we've not got much to worry about. Fact is, we're far too big a club to be down here for years slugging it with the likes of St Mirren, Morton etc.

Archived