Chapman Out ?

Hart's supposedly signed for Clyde.

Good signing. As previously stated, not the tallest of keepers but has all the other attributes. Commands his box well.

If the rumours are true, then Clyde will have a very strong squad.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you know that? Surely QP and Shire both have smaller wage budgets than Annan?

Probably correct Gordon.

No Annan fan or majority of the Committee knows how much we pay.

In the annual accounts they cloud it all up under Team Expenses.

The cash has not been set aside for the replacement of the 3g pitch ( supposed t be 10 grand a year).And so bumped up the hire prices of the pitch.

The clubhouse is being nelected (a great source of income) - 2 cubicles in the gents - 1 out of order for more than week.Pictures sitting on shelfs; a donated TV from 3 or more months ago still sitting behind the curtain in the big room; in good faith sometimes visiting fans donate a team pennant.2 weeks ago Southampton supporters gave 1 - still lying beside the crisp packets & sweeties.

BUT we'Re a lovely sociable wee club - Free entry and drink for any Blazer boy from another club (eg. ,Stranraer)

Good point made there. I talked to Jim last night and he didn't know where it all went wrong. January signings... He thought they were all good additions and I had to agree. At the time I thought we got what was needed to go on and win the league, but they were massive failures (apart from Breslin).

He also highlighted the fact that we've one of the worst defensive records in the league but yet he gets booed for substituting a defender! Fair point!

Whoever the management is next year I'll support the team all the way.

For a club with the second lowest budget in the league I don't think we do too bad .

Oh so Peter takes the blame.

What's wrong wi Smart - Chappie no like him ?

This is the best squad we've had since joining the league so yes i'll give Chappy his do,seems to have good connections BUT end o the day we Didnae do it,nae excuses.

Great when we played it on the ground Chappie seemed to favour the big hoof tho.Budgets - an estimation of expenditure - there to be broken & they are.

Me I actually like chapman as a manger, he has brought some good players into the club. My only disappointment was how little he used Smart in the the last ten games. Maybe it's his attitude at training or something like that. Todd was different class and should have been selected at the main striker not left midfield as Lewis guy gave us hardwork but not much else. Big swindle took a while to get back in the team but when he did our form got slightly better especially away from home. Young joe hart was dropped for a wee bit he should been back in the team a wee bit sooner. You could prattle on for ages, we lost out on one goal that's fitba roiling next season

I'm a big fan of Chapman. He's got grate connections and a good eye for a player and seems to bring good players away from the central belt. I've heard that smart simply wouldn't follow instructions so wasn't played. Also when we are a couple of goals up and didn't win I blame the players not the manager.

Oh so Peter takes the blame.What's wrong wi Smart - Chappie no like him ? This is the best squad we've had since joining the league so yes i'll give Chappy his do,seems to have good connections BUT end o the day we Didnae do it,nae excuses.Great when we played it on the ground Chappie seemed to favour the big hoof tho.Budgets - an estimation of expenditure - there to be broken & they are.

I didn't say Peter was to blame, I just realised Jim had a point when mentioning our defence was poor yet the fans think they're great.

I did think Smart deserved to be dropped earlier in the season because he had went off the boil a bit. I do think he should've been back in the team towards the end but when watching him in training he didn't impress.

Good point made there. I talked to Jim last night and he didn't know where it all went wrong. January signings... He thought they were all good additions and I had to agree. At the time I thought we got what was needed to go on and win the league, but they were massive failures (apart from Breslin).

He also highlighted the fact that we've one of the worst defensive records in the league but yet he gets booed for substituting a defender! Fair point!

Whoever the management is next year I'll support the team all the way.

For a club with the second lowest budget in the league I don't think we do too bad .

I don't think it was the fact that he took a defender off, it was the fact that he done the exact same sub against shire & look what happened there, taking our best defender off to bring on a player who should've been starting in these kinda games. That's why the decision got booed.

Anyway what's the craic with Lewis Guy no even bothering his arse to turn up on Saturday???

The decision to play Sloany in his place was a belter too 👌ðŸ»

I think Chapman will still be manager next season.

Like every other Annan supporter I am disappointed that we did not make the playoffs. But I think we should keep Chapman for at least one more season.

Can understand why some Annan fans are calling for him to go. The collapse from January onwards, with the surrender of two goal leads on four separate occasions was entirely avoidable. His team, and his tactics.

They have two ways of playing; slick passing on the deck to feet, but too often revert to their default mode of the big hoof from the back. It was the latter for most of the QP game, just punting it forward and hoping it landed somewhere near Weatherson and Todd. 

They need a midfield for next season, unless the back three or four are just going to welly the long ball all the time.

Archived