Chapman Out ?

After Annan failing to reach the play-offs I see it as not accomplishing our target for the season.

Is it time for Jim to get the punt? This has already been posted on the old faceyB but just wanted some opinions on here too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has he mentioned the term "5 year plan" on more than 25 occasions since being appointed, and signed Ian Chisholm?

If so punt him, bring in his assistant, and we'll meet you in the Championship in a few years time.

Can't see how he can justify keeping his job. Yes we get the odd shock result in cup games but it's the league that matters. His tactics are horrible and his man management is diabolical.

Unfortunate to lose one 2-0 lead at home but for it to happen 3/4 games in a row is unacceptable.

Opinions on Flynn and Hart? Supposedly signed with Clyde.

Flynn blows hot and cold, on his day a very decent player but not really consistent and needs to be played in the right position. Hart is a very good young keeper, apart from his height he almost has everything else.

I think it would be harsh to sack Chapman when you only missed out on the playoffs by 1 goal. Annan were a good team this year and had a good cup run to go with just missing out on the playoffs. A couple of good additions and next season could be Annans.

At this time last season, the same question was raised about Gary Naysmith at East Fife. The board continued to back him and believe in his plan. It didn't immediately work, to be honest, in December, many, including myself began to doubt that this was going to work. Just shows us why management manage, and supporters should stick to supporting. Where would we be if, once again, a young manager was sacked without being given enough time. A lesson for us all.

I think it would be harsh to sack Chapman when you only missed out on the playoffs by 1 goal. Annan were a good team this year and had a good cup run to go with just missing out on the playoffs. A couple of good additions and next season could be Annans.

If only a couple of additions is what we need. Looks like a half the team are moving on and we'll need a total rebuil.

At this time last season, the same question was raised about Gary Naysmith at East Fife. The board continued to back him and believe in his plan. It didn't immediately work, to be honest, in December, many, including myself began to doubt that this was going to work. Just shows us why management manage, and supporters should stick to supporting. Where would we be if, once again, a young manager was sacked without being given enough time. A lesson for us all.

Sounds almost identical to us with Barry Ferguson except (hopefully) slightly behind time wise. Too many of our fans call for his head at the first sniff of failure and expect us to win this league at a canter without any challenges along the way.

Good point made there. I talked to Jim last night and he didn't know where it all went wrong. January signings... He thought they were all good additions and I had to agree. At the time I thought we got what was needed to go on and win the league, but they were massive failures (apart from Breslin).

He also highlighted the fact that we've one of the worst defensive records in the league but yet he gets booed for substituting a defender! Fair point!

Whoever the management is next year I'll support the team all the way.

For a club with the second lowest budget in the league I don't think we do too bad .

Chappie has been a great success at Galabank, IMO, and I'd like to see it continue. I haven't been disappointed in Annan since they joined the league, and I think a significant part of it is because they've stuck with both their managers. Their stability is a strength most other clubs don't have.

I hope this isn't a sign of some Annan fans getting too big for their boots. After all, Jim was the guy who had Annan a comfortable 2nd behind Peterhead a few years ago, and while the following years haven't lived up to that, they were only 3 points off a play-off spot last season and this year there was one goal in it.

Would love to see you promoted at some point and I hope Jim is the man that does it.

Archived