Clyde v Elgin City v Clyde. Wed/Sat

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found out the score, absolutely buzzing, was absolutely sh1tting myself and waited untill F/T to find out. Going to be tough against Que Pee going with our record against them, time for the boys to continue stepping up and show how much they want this.

Come On Ye Clyde.

Are you sure, i think someone has already cleared this up, league places determine when and where the matches take place and Clyde should be at home for the second leg.

Broadwood apparently unavailable next Saturday

Are you sure, i think someone has already cleared this up, league places determine when and where the matches take place and Clyde should be at home for the second leg.

Been changed due to 'unavailability of Broadwood' so your home first leg. Mind that's on BBC website so probably pish.

ETA beaten to it

Normally, but broadwood unavailable for the second leg somehow

A fantastic result, whichever way you want to look at it. A big well done to the players, the staff and all the boys who went up today - as jealous as I am of all of you! Enjoy the journey home - I'm sure it'll feel much shorter than the one from Methil two years ago.

A tough tie ahead against QP - my gut tells me they'll come through it, given their status as our bogey team. What a time it would be to reverse that record; winning promotion at Hampden would be glorious. 

Marko may be a doubt for Tuesday/Wednesday night, he was limping quite heavily down the stairs at full time. A really good, professional performance today and a fantastic support. It ended up really comfortable in the end but, if we can put in that same level of performance for two more games, we'll have a real chance of going up; and we'll need to be at our best based on our recent record again Queen's Park *shudders*.

The first goal was a great free kick from 25 yards and the second saw Linton dink the ball over the goalkeeper when put through by Kirkpatrick.

Credit to all the players and the management today, particularly Brisbane, McMann, Smith, Kirkpatrick and Linton but everybody gets pass marks from me.

Onwards to (farcically) Broadwood on Tuesday.

Also, commiserations to Elgin and all the best for next season.

Fair play to Clyde, we just weren't up for it and lacked fight and belief and just couldn't compete with the physical battle. As frustrating as it is to watch on the other end of it, their tactics were spot on, I Don't remember the last time a team came to BB and stifled us as well as that. Easton going off early on didn't help, we were really flat after that and just seemed to lose our way. Clyde are fucking huge, we need a bit of that in every department next season.

Weir got it wrong today, I would have gone with McHardy instead of Duff.

Also feel we could have done with the ref being a bit stronger. Never had a clear view of the challenge on Easton but Marv's on MacLeod was a shocker and the ref played on. Hope Kyle is ok, looked really serious

Archived