Clyde v Elgin City v Clyde. Wed/Sat

maybe the fact that EK has raised it's ugly head again in the press, has possibly had an effect. Wonder if a u-turn on No name change is coming?

you really think they would get another name change vote ha ha

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being serious the crowds are on the way up which is a good sign yeah would be nice to have more but at least as said they are on the increase , recon if we make the final then crowd will break 4 figures

After our first handful of league games back in the fourth tier in 2010 we've only went over 804 on a few occasions:

Queen's Park - April & September 2011, and January 2016

Stirling Albion - January 2013 (I recall some sort of kids go free deal on)

East Fife - May 2014 (playoffs) and April 2016 (when they won the league)

Obviously taken the games vs Rangers and cup ties with Motherwell, Falkirk and Partick out.

Whilst it is a far cry from where we we 10 years ago I think it's not too bad for a midweek game arranged at 3 days notice over a holiday weekend with most opposition fans a 3+ hour drive away.

Less than 600 at Stranraer today for a league higher playoff against a team that have been in the top flight not too long ago. Less than 600 at the national stadium for QP's game.

I don't think our crowd was too bad.

I'd fancy a big crowd if we end up hosting Queens Park on the Saturday.

Really looking forward to this game, will be my first time in Elgin (only ground in this league i've not yet visited!) and hopefully be returning home with Clyde in the final. Looks like there might be a couple of buses heading up with the club taking names for one! Castlemilk bus will be running surely as well as Glasgow Branch? Hopefully the team get the support they deserve! 

Up the Clyde 

The crowd on Tuesday night was inaccurate and I know that for a fact, reason being there were people being allowed in the fire doors with comps and also with any "season tickets" Extremely odd but again shows the knowledge our stewards have lol, so anyone with spares from a missed game earlier in season were sauntering in.

Buzzing for Saturday!

This will be a difficult deficit to recover from and an early goal for us will be important.Clyde are very stuffy in defence and always carry a goal threat from throw ins and corners.I fully expect the crowd of1200 against Arbroath last week to be exceeded

The crowd on Tuesday night was inaccurate and I know that for a fact, reason being there were people being allowed in the fire doors with comps and also with any "season tickets" Extremely odd but again shows the knowledge our stewards have lol, so anyone with spares from a missed game earlier in season were sauntering in.

Buzzing for Saturday!

Funnily enough I actually mentioned to my sons on Tuesday about the number of season tickets on show. There were at least 4 went through in front of us. Bit of a shame we have allowed a potential increase in revenue to slip through again. Maybe David D should start a wee investigation on how this was able to take place?

The steward outside was actively telling folk with a season ticket to come in the side door to save queueing so clearly didn't have a clue.

This led me to say to my mate that I didn't think season tickets were valid.

So lost income through lack of communication/incompetence by the sounds of it.

The same thing happened for the East Fife play off game so lessons haven't been learned. Having only one turnstyle giving out change, the others were exact money only, lead to big queues right up to kick off.

It was clearly marked Pay at the Gate. Anyone who flashed an ST was fucking at it, and frankly should get their tiny nuts kicked. That's just being fucking fly.

and the club states publicly that they are short of cash not quite as bad as the free loaders who take comps every week and am not talking about visitors /hospitality at least the season ticket guys had actually contributed to the club at some point

whole of Scottish football should put a stop to comps /players /managers getting in for nothing

rant over

whole of Scottish football should put a stop to comps /players /managers getting in for nothing

rant over

On my last visit to Broadwood I was offered a comp at the gate. Chap was stunned when I declined saying I was happy to pay to support Clyde (and any other club I was visiting) and he actually looked offended. Think a couple per player for near family is reasonable but they seem to get passed around like sweeties.

On my last visit to Broadwood I was offered a comp at the gate. Chap was stunned when I declined saying I was happy to pay to support Clyde (and any other club I was visiting) and he actually looked offended. Think a couple per player for near family is reasonable but they seem to get passed around like sweeties.

never understood this rationale ,why should a players family friends get in for nothing ? so the guys who work in macdonalds families get free meals ? 

ok some companies give a family and freinds discount fair enough so lets call it 1/2 price of entry

ps and the same goes for ex players /managers 

just wonder how much is taken out of scottish football by comps  :angry:

What's parking like around the stadium?

There's a big car park right across the road from the ground. Think you need to buy a ticket out the machine but it's dirt cheap.

Archived