Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

5 hours ago, slangs said:

Hope overthehedge1ment push to play when mentioning Finn. But agree with most other than Ford. Not had a real chance and done well over the last 4 games so potential there

Yes push to play, ford has showed nothing for me all season, to lightweight , hope Isaac rumore isn't true, he did ok in a terrible Brechin side, couldn't get a game in an Alloa team before or after he came to us, that team couldn't score goals!  hasn't really played since he was last here, no thanks 

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Doubt that very much, hes back down south again.

Na hes been at recent City games and has been training with us .He obviously want s to put himself back in shop window so he d maybe be a good assett.

Na hes been at recent City games and has been training with us .He obviously want s to put himself back in shop window so he d maybe be a good assett.

Hope he does sign for you so you can see what we all see, no better than what you have and that includes ross caldwell.

4 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Hope he does sign for you so you can see what we all see, no better than what you have and that includes ross caldwell.

Caldwell done well in Play Off s i d stick by him .I think he gotta a bit harshly treated but then again did himself no favours either.Still a young lad

Can't believe there's folk saying they'd keep Caldwell, very short memory or what. Yes he's done ok in the playoffs but only in comparison to some of the dismal showings throughout the season.

The guy isn't good enough for league 1 let alone Championship.

20 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Can't believe there's folk saying they'd keep Caldwell, very short memory or what. Yes he's done ok in the playoffs but only in comparison to some of the dismal showings throughout the season.

Matter of opinion i guess . Gotta remember he sat on bench for a long long time so his head was gonna be down ... But id say he done enough in play offs to merit 2nd chance

Had a feeling trouts might be away shame to see him go not surprised about Caldwell, not many others I would let go though s
Eliot Ford needs to bulk up a bit but he's been pretty decent the last few games hopefully we can keep Fin he's been brilant for us prob be a few teams watching him though same with James Dale

Unfortunately I have to agree. Ross has done us a turn in the playoffs but that isn't enough for a new deal. We can't afford to have any passengers in the Championship and Caldwell has come under that category for much of the season.

I was all for Trouts moving on a couple of weeks ago as he was becoming more and more injury prone and hadn't shown the same level of performances as his first spell, but he was excellent in the playoffs. If fit, he could be a crucial player for us but there there is big question marks over that.

I think there's an argument for every other player to be offered a deal. I suspect Ford, McCormack, Rodger and Caldwell will be away. I think it's crucial we tie up the likes of Hill, Dyer, Watt and Graham. There may well be interest from other clubs however.

3 hours ago, 'Steve said:

Unfortunately I have to agree. Ross has done us a turn in the playoffs but that isn't enough for a new deal. We can't afford to have any passengers in the Championship and Caldwell has come under that category for much of the season.

I was all for Trouts moving on a couple of weeks ago as he was becoming more and more injury prone and hadn't shown the same level of performances as his first spell, but he was excellent in the playoffs. If fit, he could be a crucial player for us but there there is big question marks over that.

I think there's an argument for every other player to be offered a deal. I suspect Ford, McCormack, Rodger and Caldwell will be away. I think it's crucial we tie up the likes of Hill, Dyer, Watt and Graham. There may well be interest from other clubs however.

We need a much deeper squad. To be fair, I'm sure the committee knows that - but we can't afford to get to the mid season injury crisis point next season and only be able to field the manager himself, Paddy O'Neil and one other on the bench again

For that reason alone I would agree - lets sign up the majority of last year's squad even if the intent is for many of them to bs squad players. We need to add half a dozen proven performers at championship level and even finding/persuading them to come to the Glebe isn't going to be straightforward so we can't afford to lose too many of the guys we have now,  who earned us promotion after all. 

Hope we can keep Trouten for a bit of guile, even if it has been rarer this season than in his last spell. Still has lots to offer in my opinion. Caldwell I think will want to leave. Fusco is about 35 isn't he ?- would happily keep him but would be very much a backup. Ford I've not been convinced by but maybe as an earlier poster said, with a bit more bulk he has something to offer

Target will be to finish 8th next season. Dumbarton have lost Alan Martin in goal and appear (going off P&B at any rate..) to have been in disarray. With the right recruitment we have every chance

11 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

Target will be to finish 8th next season. Dumbarton have lost Alan Martin in goal and appear (going off P&B at any rate..) to have been in disarray. With the right recruitment we have every chance

I don't doubt you have every chance, but I wouldn't put too much on us being in "disarray" - some of our fans are restless at times and can tend to hit the panic button over the close season. We have off-field problems but that's nothing new and doesn't seem to affect our on-field performances. We've got 7 of our squad from last year signed up and more hopefully to follow. Replacing Alan Martin, Robert Thomson, Andy Stirling, Sam Stanton and Lewis Vaughan is a huge job though and one don't envy. If you want 8th then adding players of that quality is mandatory.

Archived