Jump to content

Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017


Recommended Posts

Brechin are a village club. Faf when they get scudded home and away every week. Hamilton/Dundee Utd will get major culture shock going to a village team with 50 home fans.


^^^ The salt is strong with this one.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done to absolutely everyone connected with the Club.

Nearly forty years I have a season ticket holder, my eldest is hooked and I hope yesterday gets my youngest hooked. Days like these do not come round very often for supporters of the smaller clubs and I told them to remember everything from the day, for better, for worse. Fortunately for better.

I was there when Marc Miller slotted in the pen against Clyde at Douglas Park, Chris Templeman nosed a last minute equaliser at New Douglas Park and now I will be saying I was there when Brechin played for 120 minutes, looking cream crackered and came through. And whilst the whole team gets credit Mr James Dale will be added to the names of Miller and Templeman.

Maybe its cause I am getting older but the emotions of yesterday were horrendous - joy, anger, frustration, elation, worry, stress etc. and it has been a while since we had our moment in the sun. But nothing brings greater pleasure than the release of these emotions and belting onto the pitch (forgetting your kids are with you) like a wee boy who has just had all his Christmas's dumped on him.

I have been where Alloa supporters are - it is shite. However like I have done previously you suck it up and when the good days come you let the world know about it.

Well done Brechin City and I look forward to a different challenge next season where the real supporters will be realistic in the challenges and the half wits, well will always be the half wits.

Good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, smokiesupper said:

Brechin are a village club. Faf when they get scudded home and away every week. Hamilton/Dundee Utd will get major culture shock going to a village team with 50 home fans.

 

Seaside resident in the seaside league.  Well if the cap fits :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Champagne n Shreddies for breakfast if you want to come up 


Unfortunately I got involved in the celebrations with some of you lot last night so the thought of champagne is currently making me sick. Thanks for the kind offer though.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


And whilst the whole team gets credit Mr James Dale will be added to the names of Miller and Templeman.

Maybe its cause I am getting older but the emotions of yesterday were horrendous - joy, anger, frustration, elation, worry, stress etc.


So much this. I thought the Raith game was an emotional roller-coaster, but that was absolutely nothing compared to this.

With the mention of Millar, this certainly popped into head as that last penalty was being placed on the spot.



We seem to love winning these things at the death. A horrible, yet Marvellous trait.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, smokiesupper said:

Brechin are a village club. Faf when they get scudded home and away every week. Hamilton/Dundee Utd will get major culture shock going to a village team with 50 home fans.

Ffs man . You won the league on the last day of the season and appear to be a bit bitter about our success....it's not like we upstaged you or anything:whistle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a day and what a match! Such a rollercoaster of emotions but what a job by the club and every one of the players! Caldwell if you're reading this (probably not) stick at it and with us (in my opinion) there's a good intelligent player in there, if his passes and balls came off every time he would be celebrated with the great players at Brechin! 

 

Looking forward to some new scenary to visit next season. Yes we may be staring relegation in the face next season, but I'd hate to see Darren being shown the door if we don't get on that well, although in the flip side if we bag some results and impress I'd hope he stands by us! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

 


So much this. I thought the Raith game was an emotional roller-coaster, but that was absolutely nothing compared to this.

With the mention of Millar, this certainly popped into head as that last penalty was being placed on the spot.

 

 

 

 

 



We seem to love winning these things at the death. A horrible, yet Marvellous trait.

 

I am in shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Well done to absolutely everyone connected with the Club.

Nearly forty years I have a season ticket holder, my eldest is hooked and I hope yesterday gets my youngest hooked. Days like these do not come round very often for supporters of the smaller clubs and I told them to remember everything from the day, for better, for worse. Fortunately for better.

I was there when Marc Miller slotted in the pen against Clyde at Douglas Park, Chris Templeman nosed a last minute equaliser at New Douglas Park and now I will be saying I was there when Brechin played for 120 minutes, looking cream crackered and came through. And whilst the whole team gets credit Mr James Dale will be added to the names of Miller and Templeman.

Maybe its cause I am getting older but the emotions of yesterday were horrendous - joy, anger, frustration, elation, worry, stress etc. and it has been a while since we had our moment in the sun. But nothing brings greater pleasure than the release of these emotions and belting onto the pitch (forgetting your kids are with you) like a wee boy who has just had all his Christmas's dumped on him.

I have been where Alloa supporters are - it is shite. However like I have done previously you suck it up and when the good days come you let the world know about it.

Well done Brechin City and I look forward to a different challenge next season where the real supporters will be realistic in the challenges and the half wits, well will always be the half wits.

Good luck

Excellent summation - well said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done to absolutely everyone connected with the Club.
Nearly forty years I have a season ticket holder, my eldest is hooked and I hope yesterday gets my youngest hooked. Days like these do not come round very often for supporters of the smaller clubs and I told them to remember everything from the day, for better, for worse. Fortunately for better.
I was there when Marc Miller slotted in the pen against Clyde at Douglas Park, Chris Templeman nosed a last minute equaliser at New Douglas Park and now I will be saying I was there when Brechin played for 120 minutes, looking cream crackered and came through. And whilst the whole team gets credit Mr James Dale will be added to the names of Miller and Templeman.
Maybe its cause I am getting older but the emotions of yesterday were horrendous - joy, anger, frustration, elation, worry, stress etc. and it has been a while since we had our moment in the sun. But nothing brings greater pleasure than the release of these emotions and belting onto the pitch (forgetting your kids are with you) like a wee boy who has just had all his Christmas's dumped on him.
I have been where Alloa supporters are - it is shite. However like I have done previously you suck it up and when the good days come you let the world know about it.
Well done Brechin City and I look forward to a different challenge next season where the real supporters will be realistic in the challenges and the half wits, well will always be the half wits.
Good luck


Excellent post.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Congratulations Brechin, an epic victory!  Gave us a really tough game in the Betfred Cup when you beat us on pens way back in July, and it seems kind of fitting that the season should begin and end in the same manner.

All the best next season.

I actually clean forgot all about that game ha ha .Seems an eternity ago pity Elgin hammered us on the saturday:whistle..Hopefully get a trip to Perth this year .Well done yourselves on another gid season n good luck in Europe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unbelievable but well done Brechin. Never been a fan of these small 10 team leagues but to go from near relegation the season before to promotion this season just gone is remarkable and probably wouldn't have happened in a larger division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So..... we're goin up, who has signed up and who will resign, who will come in?

signed players

buzz / play

pabz / play

love/ still not sure 50/50

jackson/ play

keep:

fusco/ as cover

dyer/play

hill/play

trouten/play

lynas / push to play

finn / pish to play

e.smith/ push to play

dale/play

watt,needs to be more consistent /play

Release:

ford

caldwell

rodgers

mccormack

oneil/ good but do we need 3 right backs

sign, 

looking at 3-4 new starters and a couple of loan players

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...