Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think I've just about recovered from that. What a rollercoaster of emotions. That was definitely up there with the St Johnstone quarter final. What made it even better is that I thought it wasn't going to happen at 3 separate stages of the game...McManus' leveller in stoppage time, Hardie's goal in extra time and when Pabs put his penalty wide. At these points I thought our chance had gone so to fight back each time was magnificent.

Every single player was an absolute credit to the shirt. After Wednesday I don't know where the energy came from but you certainly couldn't tell who the part time side was. Defended like lions and took our chances when they came. Watt's free kick may well be the best I've seen for Brechin, what an absolute pearler that was. At times we had no option but to clear our lines and play long but was played some excellent passing football at times as well.

Was a pleasant surprise to see Trouten coming off the bench as I thought his season was finished. He was terrific and very much like his old self. He and Love gave us a huge boost going forward, hopefully they are both available to start in the final matches.

You could see what it meant to the players at the end. There's a lot of guys out there playing with their heart on their sleeve and hopefully we're in a position to award them with contracts regardless of what division we're playing in next season. There are not many I wouldn't like to keep, a few of the "squad" players, particularly Lynas have come on so far in the past few months and deserve a new deal.

On to the final now, hopefully third time lucky against Alloa. It's going to be tough and in my opinion they are a better side than Raith who looked bereft of confidence. As I said on Wednesday the big guy M'voto is colossal in the air but an absolute bombscare with the ball at feet.

Hard lines to Raith - the fans I spoke to after the game heading back to the bus were very gracious and magnanimous in defeat.

12 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

But they are struggling .You must know that 

We have been in far worse financial positions than we are now.   We survived Pink Turpin almost bankrupting us after all . 

Why take the gloss off a fantastic end to the season ? 

25 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We have been in far worse financial positions than we are now.   We survived Pink Turpin almost bankrupting us after all . 

Why take the gloss off a fantastic end to the season ? 

If you read my initial post its full of enthusiasm but Sir Richard pours scorn on it so i merely gave an opinion back ..I was as happy as anyone on Saturday absolutely buzzing ..

Ok lads let's all get together now enough mafia and what we don't hav.unless u hav privi info it's all speculation. The club hav kept us where we want to be. However that's been achieved is anyone's guess, but up till now no matter how we got here we're here and for me it's fantastic.we have 2 more games with the chance to go up,every club in the league would want to be where we are. So f**k all the doom n gloom. Mon the City

On 2017-5-15 at 19:58, slangs said:

Ok lads let's all get together now enough mafia and what we don't hav.unless u hav privi info it's all speculation. The club hav kept us where we want to be. However that's been achieved is anyone's guess, but up till now no matter how we got here we're here and for me it's fantastic.we have 2 more games with the chance to go up,every club in the league would want to be where we are. So f**k all the doom n gloom. Mon the City

I don't post on here very often but I was talking to some family friends that were at the Alloa game last night, it was the 1st visit to the Glebe for 2 of them, they were stood at the corner beside the club shop and they were stunned at some of the comments being shouted at Caldwell and the female assistant referee, you know who you are and i'd guess that the rest of the City support will know who you are too.

Do you half wits not know that shouting abuse at the assistant referees is counter productive and shouting sexist abuse at the lady running the line just demonstrates how stupid most of you are, how can you possibly expect the officials to give city any 50/50 decisions if your spending 90 minutes screaming personal abuse at them.

And as for your treatment of Caldwell, if he's having a crap game do you honestly believe that shouting things like "Caldwell you useless c@nt" is going to motivate him, get a grip and start acting your age and I hope you realise that you are a major reason why a lot of people don't go to the games.

I used to enjoy listening to a lot of what you shouted, not because you're entertaining but purely because it was funny hearing grown men that can't string a sentence together, I'm just hoping that there's a steward shadowing you all from now on and that they start throwing you out

I don't post on here very often but I was talking to some family friends that were at the Alloa game last night, it was the 1st visit to the Glebe for 2 of them, they were stood at the corner beside the club shop and they were stunned at some of the comments being shouted at Caldwell and the female assistant referee, you know who you are and i'd guess that the rest of the City support will know who you are too.
Do you half wits not know that shouting abuse at the assistant referees is counter productive and shouting sexist abuse at the lady running the line just demonstrates how stupid most of you are, how can you possibly expect the officials to give city any 50/50 decisions if your spending 90 minutes screaming personal abuse at them.
And as for your treatment of Caldwell, if he's having a crap game do you honestly believe that shouting things like "Caldwell you useless c@nt" is going to motivate him, get a grip and start acting your age and I hope you realise that you are a major reason why a lot of people don't go to the games.
I used to enjoy listening to a lot of what you shouted, not because you're entertaining but purely because it was funny hearing grown men that can't string a sentence together, I'm just hoping that there's a steward shadowing you all from now on and that they start throwing you out

Name and shame!!!

15 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Name and shame!!!

I'm not gonna name and shame on here, I'm pretty sure every city supporter as well as the committee know who they are, it's actually an embarrassment being anywhere near them,  last night a chap I know had to move away as their 10 year old was hearing the incessant use of the "C" word, obviously emotions run high at the football but there comes a point where a wee bit of shouting and anger becomes too venomous, everyone expects a wee bit of swearing but verbal personal/sexist taunts are unacceptable, one supporter mentioned the supporters bus and how they won't use it because of them, I remember last season at Balmoor where one "fan" opened the window on the bus to shout abuse at Dods and the players when they were doing their warm down and I've not used the supporters bus since then.

I wonder if this is the same 2 that were at Starks basically repeating themselves and slavering all over the people In front of them at the same time?

Well said

8 hours ago, citypiehard said:

Ironically Ross played well last night and also in the past few games he has started.  So makes their shouts seem all the more ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Ironically Ross played well last night and also in the past few games he has started.  So makes their shouts seem all the more ridiculous. 

Totally agree with you, he seems to be showing a lot more skill and effort and he deserves a break for that alone. It just seems that he lacks a bit of confidence.

It's a Matter of getting off his back how wud anyone doing a job cope with told ur shite? I will tell u they wouldn't end of.So cut him a bit of slack. Fucking absolute disgrace that some people can degrade a fellow human being publicly and get away with it. So whoever u r shut the f**k up

Agree with this. Caldwell has been far from great this season and hasn't really looked interested, but abusing him at the matches won't help things. He has raised his game when it's mattered most though, and I thought the game on Wednesday was one of his best performances. Every single player needs our backing on Saturday from start to finish.

Caldwell has been uninterested apart from the last few games and has been stealing his wages all season a decent player but with a huge attitude problem I remember Cowdenbeath fans saying similar things about him , the fact he is showing a bit of interest would may be be down to looking to get another contract personally think he should be binned.

Archived