Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

Hill, no. We have a lot of centre half's and would rather have E Smith, McLean, McCormack with Rodgers in there.

All clubs and business's are struggling, I am led to believe we are no better or worse than previous years.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?! Dougie Hill has had his moments this season but he's been far and away our best defender, not to mention the (only) threat he gives us at set pieces. Be mad to let him go.

I agree on Trouten though. He's a shadow of the player he was in his first spell here which is probably down to his recurring groin problem. I've been pretty disappointed with Watt also but we know there's a player in there and always gives 100%.

Well done to the lads and anyone else that help make the club tick. Next week will be exiting, really looking forward to the game.After a up and down season we've still got a shout for play offs so sat should see us on the edge of our seats.Great stuff[emoji106]

Think we ll take a better than usual crowd down so hopefully players put on a show ..  We re not expecting miracles just effort .Well done Jacko another tireless season . Teams came in for a lot of critiscim this season but guess it s more to do with tatics than quality of player... Had injury crisis not kicked in its actually frightening to think where we d ended up ... get a good win nxt week and carry that into play offs against Alloa again or Raith ... 

Any rumours on players siging for next season ? We had a few this time last season. Know pabs and Love are on 2 year deals not herd anything about any other players though. Or maybe we are waiting to see where we finish in the league?

James Dale is returning south.
Some pleasing names getting mentioned on Saturday night, lets see if we can get them.

Yeah herd about Dale. Not herd any other names Rory McAlister was mentioned but I very much doubt that one

Not entirely having this Trouten narrative. He started the season much like his first spell, scoring a few along the way and creating for Jacko; then he picked up the first of two or three minor ish injuries that have stopped him developing the same kind of momentum since. Not much to be done about that. Wasn't at the game today so don't know how serious it was - likely to be fit for Weds? 

Also, no dispute about Jacko being poty (tho I agree a young poty would be a great idea and would have gone to Finn graham with Aaron Lynas an honourable second) but dougie hill has been great. One moment sticks in my mind against Livi (and admittedly we were approx 3 down at the time) when he carved his way out with the ball, taking out 3 Livi guys - it was the nearest thing I've seen to Beckenbauer at the Glebe

Well done to Brechin for getting to the playoffs did well to get where we are with what we had available, but in saying that the standard in League one this year was not great most teams in the league of a similar poor standard. Will be interesting to see who goes and who comes in, but at least we will have at least one derby game next year.

Superb news having Jacko signed up for another 2 years. A good spine contracted for next season with hopefully more to follow (particularly Hill and Graham).

Archived