Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone else heard rumours ?????that clubs in serious dire straits and committee are quite relieved that forms dipped as there's no money in kitty to pay win bonuses ? or fund player loans ? This may be absolute rubbish but I ve heard from 3 or 4 different folk now .. I don't believe first part but it would certainly make sense . .. I m only asking question and not having a pop at anyone 8)...

Probably the same 3or4 folk that say this every time City hit a bad patch.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Liam Watt returning to Brechin. Best of luck to him. Good player and good fella who might still have been with us if not for those two charlatans King and EWB. 

Aye seemingly he asked Livi to release him so he could come back to us. We must be doing something right . :thumsup2

On 13/12/2016 at 16:34, CITY1974 said:

Has anyone else heard rumours ?????that clubs in serious dire straits and committee are quite relieved that forms dipped as there's no money in kitty to pay win bonuses ? or fund player loans ? This may be absolute rubbish but I ve heard from 3 or 4 different folk now .. I don't believe first part but it would certainly make sense . .. I m only asking question and not having a pop at anyone 8)...

Well that's your silly rumour totally debunked!

Never really worked out for Watty at Livi, hardly got a sniff because Pittman, Byrne, Miller have all been in good form, he's basically been 4th, 5th choice. 

Genuinely hope he does well for you, he did need to move in order to progress, he just wasn't going to play enough for us so have no issues at all.

I know I'm probably going to be shot down in flames for this but I'm told reliably that he's on a bigger wage up at Brechin than he was on with us. 

7 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Never really worked out for Watty at Livi, hardly got a sniff because Pittman, Byrne, Miller have all been in good form, he's basically been 4th, 5th choice. 

Genuinely hope he does well for you, he did need to move in order to progress, he just wasn't going to play enough for us so have no issues at all.

I know I'm probably going to be shot down in flames for this but I'm told reliably that he's on a bigger wage up at Brechin than he was on with us. 

I very much doubt that we could offer an equivalent full time wage.

Happy working environment , yes .   I think that is more than likely the case. 

12 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I very much doubt that we could offer an equivalent full time wage.

Happy working environment , yes .   I think that is more than likely the case. 

Believe me I was surprised also but the guy who tells me is very rarely wrong, told me about the likes of Gallagher coming to Livi weeks ago. 

Apparantly he was on £200 a week with us and is on £300pw with Brechin. 

6 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Believe me I was surprised also but the guy who tells me is very rarely wrong, told me about the likes of Millar, Gallagher coming to Livi weeks ago. 

These figures are usually kept confidential so I very much doubt it has become public knowledge.   Could it  possibly have been speculated from a Livi perspective in an attempt to somehow save face ?   

Believe me I was surprised also but the guy who tells me is very rarely wrong, told me about the likes of Millar, Gallagher coming to Livi weeks ago. 

That's a staggeringly low wage for a full time player. I'd be very surprised if he was only on a couple hundred a week at Livi.

Probably more likely to be the other way around.

Just now, 'Steve said:

That's a staggeringly low wage for a full time player. I'd be very surprised if he was only on a couple hundred a week at Livi.

Probably more likely to be the other way around.

See people seem to think we are shelling out big wages, I don't blame you or any one else, we have the past don't we. 

But most of our squad is on between 2 and 300pw, we have a few younger guys on less and then there are 4 or 5 on 350-400pw. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

These figures are usually kept confidential so I very much doubt it has become public knowledge.   Could it  possibly have been speculated from a Livi perspective in an attempt to somehow save face ?   

Possibly, but like I say I've not been given any reason why I shouldn't believe it, he's not been wrong about anything yet. 

See people seem to think we are shelling out big wages, I don't blame you or any one else, we have the past don't we. 
But most of our squad is on between 2 and 300pw, we have a few younger guys on less and then there are 4 or 5 on 350-400pw. 

I'm not suggesting you are shelling out big wages, but I find it hard to believe that a player like Liam Watt was only on £200 p/w full time. After a good start to the season at Airdrie and subsequent impressive loan spell at Brechin he wouldn't have been short of offers. £200 basic with a fairly substantial appearance/win bonus would be nearer the mark I'd have thought.

Archived