Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

I was at the game. 4-2. Brechin players discipline was shocking. Loosing the plot all
Over the shop. The ref gave them the hump, and lost all composure for about 20 minutes in the second half. Your number 9 Stewart? Was good in the first half, but Elgin changed the defence in the 2nd and he never really threatened after that. Elgin well worth the win imo. Your guys should concentrate on the football rather than gurning at the ref

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, roberts said:

I was at the game. 4-2. Brechin players discipline was shocking. Loosing the plot all
Over the shop. The ref gave them the hump, and lost all composure for about 20 minutes in the second half. Your number 9 Stewart? Was good in the first half, but Elgin changed the defence in the 2nd and he never really threatened after that. Elgin well worth the win imo. Your guys should concentrate on the football rather than gurning at the ref

Thats just typical of Brechin.Dodds was like that as a player so he is doing the same as a manager installing that discipline into his players should be a no no.They should concentrate on the footballing side.Looks like Weir changed tactics to suit wish Dods would do the same.Well played Mr Weir and Elgin.

11 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Thats just typical of Brechin.Dodds was like that as a player so he is doing the same as a manager installing that discipline into his players should be a no no.They should concentrate on the footballing side.Looks like Weir changed tactics to suit wish Dods would do the same.Well played Mr Weir and Elgin.

Hahahaha, cringe.

11 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Wish you'd change tactics this season too!

12 hours ago, citydiehard said:

How can you say they were indisciplined if you weren't there ?   I heard the the ref was a very immature 23 year old who lost control of the game , gave Elgin a very dubious penalty just on half time and took a very one sided approach in the early stages of the second half.   Does he get criticised for having a howler ?  Not at all. 

Teams can have off days and when decisions don't go your way, concentration drops and bad habits creep in . That seems to be what happened yesterday. 

But I wasn't there so I will leave the analysis and criticism to those who were . 

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

How can you say they were indisciplined if you weren't there ?   I heard the the ref was a very immature 23 year old who lost control of the game , gave Elgin a very dubious penalty just on half time and took a very one sided approach in the early stages of the second half.   Does he get criticised for having a howler ?  Not at all. 

Teams can have off days and when decisions don't go your way, concentration drops and bad habits creep in . That seems to be what happened yesterday. 

But I wasn't there so I will leave the analysis and criticism to those who were . 

Blaming the ref not good enough and players should fined for their indiscipline,there is money to be made in this competition for wee teams like us and they just blew any chance we had of getting a bigger pay day for the club, nae real surprise who the first two to be booked were. But hopefully just a blip and we can improve as the season goes on

2 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Blaming the ref not good enough and players should fined for their indiscipline,there is money to be made in this competition for wee teams like us and they just blew any chance we had of getting a bigger pay day for the club, nae real surprise who the first two to be booked were. But hopefully just a blip and we can improve as the season goes on

If that is the case then yes the players should be fined.   I also agree about the money to be made for the wee teams and I'm sure Elgin would have been thinking the same .   

Frustrating  that refs NEVER lose any money when they get it wrong though. 

I must add also that shite players are dropped or released from clubs for not being good enough.  Shite refs are allowed to continue being shite and affecting results .   Just an observation. 

Think I'm right in saying if a referee is not good enough he gets demoted or even worse demoted to an assistant referee,so stop blaming the ref for our indiscipline it is not a good advert for youth players who want to progress as we know youth players copy what the senior players are doing.

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Think I'm right in saying if a referee is not good enough he gets demoted or even worse demoted to an assistant referee,so stop blaming the ref for our indiscipline it is not a good advert for youth players who want to progress as we know youth players copy what the senior players are doing.

And who governs whether or not they are good ?  Oh that's right , the referees or ex referees  themselves. They are like the medical profession, circling the wagons !!!  

Have you ever heard Kenny Clark decrying any ref's performance in his newspaper column ?  No ?   Either have I .  Even when Willie Collum was having nightmare after nightmare , Clark backed him to the hilt. 

Until they become accountable and admit their own mistakes instead of their arrogant, I'm right the rest of you can f**k off approach , I'm afraid they will continue to hold no respect from fans or players.   People pay good money to see football , not some card happy teacher / lawyer type thinking he is the star of the show. 

Yes, he is quite amusing, although nobody is quite sure what team he supports.....

I'm guessing Forfar or Arbroath, it's got to be someone on the wind up rather than an actual genuine Brechin City fan.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

And who governs whether or not they are good ?  Oh that's right , the referees or ex referees  themselves. They are like the medical profession, circling the wagons !!!  

Have you ever heard Kenny Clark decrying any ref's performance in his newspaper column ?  No ?   Either have I .  Even when Willie Collum was having nightmare after nightmare , Clark backed him to the hilt. 

Until they become accountable and admit their own mistakes instead of their arrogant, I'm right the rest of you can f**k off approach , I'm afraid they will continue to hold no respect from fans or players.   People pay good money to see football , not some card happy teacher / lawyer type thinking he is the star of the show. 

Hold on a second. I was there and we did not lose because of the referee.The first half was a bit like the Stirling game. We dominated for the first 20 minutes then fell away allowing Eligin into the game. When the team was announced I felt confident - Dods had dropped the non performing front and midfield players bringing Andy and Dale in from the start. Andy by the way was our best player by a mile. We the conceded another penalty ( it looked justified from the other end of the park) and then the midfield vanished again. Add on another gifted goal by one of the back three (bad mistake) and the writing was on the wall. We really have to find one or two consistent midfield players if we are to do something this season. The arguing with the ref has to stop although he did seem to blow for a lot of minor incidents which a more experienced ref might have ignored but he did not cost us the game. 

Who do you suggest regulates refs? What is your expertise to say that the ref was so bad? Ever tried it? Poor decisions are part and parcel of the game. if your players/team loose the plot every time they perceive they are on the end of a wrong decision it is going to be a long old season for you I would suggest.

56 minutes ago, OldRed said:

Hold on a second. I was there and we did not lose because of the referee.The first half was a bit like the Stirling game. We dominated for the first 20 minutes then fell away allowing Eligin into the game. When the team was announced I felt confident - Dods had dropped the non performing front and midfield players bringing Andy and Dale in from the start. Andy by the way was our best player by a mile. We the conceded another penalty ( it looked justified from the other end of the park) and then the midfield vanished again. Add on another gifted goal by one of the back three (bad mistake) and the writing was on the wall. We really have to find one or two consistent midfield players if we are to do something this season. The arguing with the ref has to stop although he did seem to blow for a lot of minor incidents which a more experienced ref might have ignored but he did not cost us thegame

Someone else thinks are lack of discipline could cost us games this season.

48 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Who do you suggest regulates refs? What is your expertise to say that the ref was so bad? Ever tried it? Poor decisions are part and parcel of the game. if your players/team loose the plot every time they perceive they are on the end of a wrong decision it is going to be a long old season for you I would suggest.

His expertise is zilch,he likes to blame anyone apart from the players or Dods.

4 hours ago, OldRed said:

Hold on a second. I was there and we did not lose because of the referee.The first half was a bit like the Stirling game. We dominated for the first 20 minutes then fell away allowing Eligin into the game. When the team was announced I felt confident - Dods had dropped the non performing front and midfield players bringing Andy and Dale in from the start. Andy by the way was our best player by a mile. We the conceded another penalty ( it looked justified from the other end of the park) and then the midfield vanished again. Add on another gifted goal by one of the back three (bad mistake) and the writing was on the wall. We really have to find one or two consistent midfield players if we are to do something this season. The arguing with the ref has to stop although he did seem to blow for a lot of minor incidents which a more experienced ref might have ignored but he did not cost us the game. 

That is fair .  I was going by reports from other supporters who were there.  Your viewpoint is slightly different to theirs and so maybe sways opinion a little.  I can live with that. 

My opinion on refs won't change though. 

Archived