Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

18 minutes ago, Aidan said:

It's not something I've ever heard, I just remember hearing something about Brechiners stealing shoes when I was younger. For what it's worth, I worked in Brechin for 4 years, and I'm out there every Sunday, and I've never come home without my shoes.

You must be priveliged . 

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

There was an auld Montrose saying........Tak in yer washin, the Brechiners are coming !    I take it that is still used these days .  :)

I heard it was used by Montrose folk because they were embarrassed that their washing wasn't as white as the Brechiners'. Brechin had the bleaching greens at the Inch and that gave them very white whites! (End of history lesson).

Surprisingly nobody has added the second half of the saying which is "Haud yer noses here come the Montrosies" . Presumably a reference to the smelly Montrose basin at that time and used when the train from Montrose pulled in.

In the first half we looked solid and tidy going forward. However the formation requires the fullbacks to be constantly pushing on and clearly they tired and reset to their default of sitting deep, inviting Stirling onto us a bit and leaving midfield light - thought we might have gone 4-4-2. And yes we did revert to a bit of hoofing

However as has been said I do not know how Ross got a start - his movement is limited and he does not work hard enough out of possession. I would imagine with Montgomerie gone Dods will be looking to strengthen in both midfield and attack.

I also noticed how much Finn Graham nipped at everyone (team mates) as did Love and Smith was having a ball screaming at anyone in a red shirt - at least we know we have some leaders on the park (or fighters, depending on your view).

Early days and sure two or three more players to come in.

1 hour ago, OldRed said:

Surprisingly nobody has added the second half of the saying which is "Haud yer noses here come the Montrosies" . Presumably a reference to the smelly Montrose basin at that time and used when the train from Montrose pulled in.

""" theres the station and theres Montrose , shut ur een and hidd ur nose """"

Nice cheeky Tuesday night  out at the fitba. Take any win thats what i say and move on. Dont want to be to critical and i've willed him to 1. Win headers 2. When he gets a first touch to get a second. 3 . Score a goal. Honestly i have but i'm not getting why Cauldwell should be picked before Jackson . I've seen Ross in about 4 of the five games i've attended so far and cant see it. Jackson came on last night and won most of the headers he went for and as has been said on here prev Trouten plays better with Jackson on the field . We were a better side when Jackson was introduced for Cauldwell. Anyway i had a steak pie from the shop last night and it was fantastic.....

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

In the first half we looked solid and tidy going forward. However the formation requires the fullbacks to be constantly pushing on and clearly they tired and reset to their default of sitting deep, inviting Stirling onto us a bit and leaving midfield light - thought we might have gone 4-4-2. And yes we did revert to a bit of hoofing

However as has been said I do not know how Ross got a start - his movement is limited and he does not work hard enough out of possession. I would imagine with Montgomerie gone Dods will be looking to strengthen in both midfield and attack.

I also noticed how much Finn Graham nipped at everyone (team mates) as did Love and Smith was having a ball screaming at anyone in a red shirt - at least we know we have some leaders on the park (or fighters, depending on your view).

We appear to have a team of angry moaners this year .......thats  alright with me . Prefer that to no one speaking during games.

16 minutes ago, underpar said:

We appear to have a team of angry moaners this year .......thats  alright with me . Prefer that to no one speaking during games.

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

I liked Graham and Love getting on at their team mates something that has been missing for a while long may it continue.

A 4 1 defeat to a team in a lower division is unacceptable, wasn't at the game but probably no positives out of the game.On the plus side Jim Weir will be laughing his socks off at Brechin,I for one is happy for him well played Elgin.If results don't improve Mr Dods watch out !!

25 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

A 4 1 defeat to a team in a lower division is unacceptable, wasn't at the game but probably no positives out of the game.On the plus side Jim Weir will be laughing his socks off at Brechin,I for one is happy for him well played Elgin.If results don't improve Mr Dods watch out !!

Was it not 4-2 ?

26 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

4-2 was it not. And if not at game lets wait and see what posters say who were actually there.

Archived