Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

I was not at the Dundee game but saw our team and it would never be a first selection so am not sure what will happen on Tuesday.

We look solid at the back, with perhaps a creative midfielder to come in (E Smith might be it?) and any of our attackers to start scoring.

Noticed two trialists up front v Dundee - who were they?

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big shout out to whoever the bloke was selling season tickets at the Glebe yesterday morning.

We were on our way to Montrose for the match v Ross County having been at Airdrie v Partick Thistle on Friday night. We stopped by the ground (and also at Forfar as the two lads I was with have not visited either ground and we had some time to fill). I have seen a game at Forfar and been outside the Glebe before on my way up to Aberdeen but have yet to visit for an actual game.

At Brechin one of the turnstiles was open so we wondered in thinking someone would challenge us and then we could ask if it was OK if we took some photos. There was nobody around so we went further in and spent about 10 mins looking around and even got as far as sitting in the dugouts. Finally one solitary bloke came towards us. Far from being annoyed he just asked what we were doing and was extremely friendly and helpful. We told him we were trying to visit all the Scottish grounds and were on our way to Montrose so just fancied a look around.

He even offered us a drink before we left, which we politely declined but you should be proud of the way he represented your club. To be fair its no more than we have come to expect on our trips North of the Border, but little things like that stick in your mind and make you think well of a club and its people.

Very much looking forward to visiting for an actual match as you are now one of only three Scottish clubs I still have to do. Peterhead and Ayr United being the other two.

Best of luck for the season ahead.

Big shout out to whoever the bloke was selling season tickets at the Glebe yesterday morning.

We were on our way to Montrose for the match v Ross County having been at Airdrie v Partick Thistle on Friday night. We stopped by the ground (and also at Forfar as the two lads I was with have not visited either ground and we had some time to fill). I have seen a game at Forfar and been outside the Glebe before on my way up to Aberdeen but have yet to visit for an actual game.

At Brechin one of the turnstiles was open so we wondered in thinking someone would challenge us and then we could ask if it was OK if we took some photos. There was nobody around so we went further in and spent about 10 mins looking around and even got as far as sitting in the dugouts. Finally one solitary bloke came towards us. Far from being annoyed he just asked what we were doing and was extremely friendly and helpful. We told him we were trying to visit all the Scottish grounds and were on our way to Montrose so just fancied a look around.

He even offered us a drink before we left, which we politely declined but you should be proud of the way he represented your club. To be fair its no more than we have come to expect on our trips North of the Border, but little things like that stick in your mind and make you think well of a club and its people.

Very much looking forward to visiting for an actual match as you are now one of only three Scottish clubs I still have to do. Peterhead and Ayr United being the other two.

Best of luck for the season ahead.

That'd be Martin Smith the club's vice chairman.
Told you on the Montrose thread we were friendly.
Did you go to the music fest?

On 7/17/2016 at 22:29, theycallmetrinity said:

That'd be Martin Smith the club's vice chairman.
Told you on the Montrose thread we were friendly.
Did you go to the music fest?

No, we camped on the links at Montrose and stayed there. Not being funny but the headline act was Sonia.

I doubt she would be the artist of choice for many hairy bikers and she certainly isnt for us!!

13 hours ago, Brechin171974 said:

She was headline act at Flicks revival , not too be compared with rest of Musicfest . Stock Aikten And Waterman were always playing they re artists at Flicks ...... In its heyday like them or loathe them !! 

There was no music fest...

1 hour ago, slangs said:

Bit of a hoof it fest from Brechin last nite.the team worked hard and a wins a win.Good start to the season.Onwards and upwards

Thought the first 20-25 mins we played well then after that you are right it was not pretty. But at least a winning start I am sure we will improve :thumsup2

2 hours ago, slangs said:

Bit of a hoof it fest from Brechin last nite.the team worked hard and a wins a win.Good start to the season.Onwards and upwards

Its not nice to watch,need to get the ball on the deck and play the brechin way,hope this is not the way Dods wants to play.Says it all when a Stirling player got MOTM.

7 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Its not nice to watch,need to get the ball on the deck and play the brechin way,hope this is not the way Dods wants to play.Says it all when a Stirling player got MOTM.

I take it you missed the one touch stuff in the middle of the first half ?  In fact most of our football in the first half was pretty good.....A mix of delicate passing and trying to catch Stirling on the turn with through balls and dinks over the top. 

Concentration dropped in the second and Stirling capitalised  and attacked us on the break. Some good defending kept them at bay though.  Ferns deservedly got man of the match for his tireless display in the second half which was chosen by the ( neutral ) match sponsor. 

A typical Brechin performance though , not quite able to keep the momentum going for the 90 mins.  Typical Trouts as well.  Fell out of things a bit in the second half but was there when it mattered right at the end. 

Overall happy but just wish we could finish teams when the chances come along.   Quietly optimistic about the season ahead. Miles ahead of what we got this time last season. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I take it you missed the one touch stuff in the middle of the first half ?  In fact most of our football in the first half was pretty good.....A mix of delicate passing and trying to catch Stirling on the turn with through balls and dinks over the top. 

Concentration dropped in the second and Stirling capitalised  and attacked us on the break. Some good defending kept them at bay though.  Ferns deservedly got man of the match for his tireless display in the second half which was chosen by the ( neutral ) match sponsor. 

A typical Brechin performance though , not quite able to keep the momentum going for the 90 mins.  Typical Trouts as well.  Fell out of things a bit in the second half but was there when it mattered right at the end. 

Overall happy but just wish we could finish teams when the chances come along.   Quietly optimistic about the season ahead. Miles ahead of what we got this time last season. 

Brechin don't know what one touch stuff is.Glad you are optimistic because teams like Alloa,Airdrie,Livingston,Peterhead,Stranraer are looking good even East Fife and Queens Park will probably be a test for us,we must be favourites for relegation.

18 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

I don't know what one touch stuff is.Glad you are optimistic because teams like Alloa,Airdrie,Livingston,Peterhead,Stranraer are looking good even East Fife and Queens Park will probably be a test for us,we must be favourites for relegation.

Sorted for ye !  

BTW   How do you know all these teams are looking good ? 

There was an auld Montrose saying........Tak in yer washin, the Brechiners are coming !    I take it that is still used these days .  [emoji4]

It's not something I've ever heard, I just remember hearing something about Brechiners stealing shoes when I was younger. For what it's worth, I worked in Brechin for 4 years, and I'm out there every Sunday, and I've never come home without my shoes.

Archived