Peterhead v Ayr United; Ayr United v Peterhead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they have plenty to fear, Stranraer are looking pretty handy and in good end of season form.

Peterhead and Ayr have been utter shite the last few weeks but if they play anywhere near their best then they can more than match Livi.

I reckon Ayr will beat Stranraer in the final.

(of course now Livi will beat Peterhead in the final.)

I think they have plenty to fear, Stranraer are looking pretty handy and in good end of season form.

Peterhead and Ayr have been utter shite the last few weeks but if they play anywhere near their best then they can more than match Livi.

I reckon Ayr will beat Stranraer in the final.

(of course now Livi will beat Peterhead in the final.)

Or Peterhead will beat Stranraer!!

The loss of McAllister is a huge bonus for us going up to Peterhead midweek, given our appalling recent record against them.

Both teams have been patchy at best but I think we have just enough quality to win it over the piece.

McCall has some thinking to do in terms of the XI, at this stage I've no idea what our strongest team is!

The loss of McAllister is a huge bonus for us going up to Peterhead midweek, given our appalling recent record against them.

Both teams have been patchy at best but I think we have just enough quality to win it over the piece.

McCall has some thinking to do in terms of the XI, at this stage I've no idea what our strongest team is!

IMO our strongest XI is,

Fleming

Devlin

Graham

Murphy

Boyle

Gilmour

McCrorie

Docherty

Forrest

Moore

Preston

Whether McCall actually starts Forrest is another matter as he has only done it on a few occasions this season.

I suspect this will be a nail biter over two legs.

For sure Rory being out for the first leg is a huge bonus - I would have put Peterhead favourites if he was playing Tuesday. Without him I think we may need to bring back a lead to San Somerset in order to go through.

Rory will certainly have a point to prove and a manager and some team mates to placate in the second leg and I can see him scoring at our place.

I'm going 1 -2 Ayr Tuesday and 1 -1 at home. Hope it is more comfortable than that.

Shouldn't look too far ahead but if we can sneak through the semis I would rather see us face Livy in the finals - as we have tended to be their bogey team in more recent years - than Stranraer with the Brian Reed factor. I would also see both legs, as away at Stranraer on a week night from Edinburgh is just too far.

If everyone is fully fit, the above team has to play. Crawford for Adams if not. Can't afford to play Stevenson, Trouten or Forrest away to Peterhead as we can't afford to carry passengers if they don't turn up. You know that the players in that team above will be contributing even if things aren't going their way.

I think I'd probably go with that XI as well, I like the dig of Doc and Adams and don't think we can afford to throw Forrest or Donald in to the mix at Balmoor only for them to disappear up their own backsides! I'd rather use Forrest in the home leg where I would guess we'll be a bit more open with an expectant home support roaring the boys on. Haven't been in a quite a few weeks due to work and holidays but Big Gerry looked way off the pace in the Airdrie highlights, let's hope its Graham and Murphy at the back. Devlin hadn't been playing too well either but he's got enough about him going forward to do some damage against a weakened Peterhead back four.

It's crucial we come back down the road with at least a draw as we have been vulnerable to the counter attack all season and I don't fancy us if we have to chase the tie at Somerset.

I'm not confident with this one, if it had been any other team in the league I would have fancied our chances but we never win against Peterhead(apart from the rare occasions when we do obviously)

Got to hope that McCallister being out will force a change of shape that we can exploit and everyone is up for it unlike last Saturday.

Got to hope that McCallister being out will force a change of shape that we can exploit and everyone is up for it unlike last Saturday.

Aye usually a 442 but now rory is out probably a 442

Archived