Peterhead v Ayr United; Ayr United v Peterhead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I agree with them bossing us, I felt we were virtually on the front foot the entire time?

Early on we were on the back foot and they forced quite a few free kicks and corners.

What age is McAllister? Is he done now? Tried some flicks and knock ons but generally had a shit game and just fannyied about fouling folk.

Blockley was outstanding in some of his tackles. Think he's found a new position.

The pace in our team is one of the most positive elements for me. I can't really remember a time when we threatened in that way. It's a brilliant weapon.

I would have taken Blockley in the summer, loads of energy, tackles well and looks to have a decent attitude which was what we were lacking in midfield last year.

Docherty has all of the above and more, Adams also when fit and McCall did well to get them in.

McAllister was backing in to Adams, Adams had his hands out about to complain to the ref and McAllister jumped forward yelping and shouted about being nipped, the ref just ignored him. The number 4s attempt to get Moore sent off by pretending to be elbowed was pretty terrible as well, the side terrace started laughing and he got up.

Peterhead are a very good side, the number 4 was pretty poor, more quality in defense and they should be one of favorites to win the league next year

Blockley has had a good season, most of his time has been coming on as a sub or filling in for a suspended defender, but was always dropped when the defender returned.

Our no4 I hope isn't our no4 next season, 3 reds this year I think. Between him and Rory there's most of our red cards. 

Diegomarahenry - the fans saw that at the end of august but the club didn't do anything, even in the January window.

Just watched the highlights.

For early parts Peterhead caused a bit of trouble but nothing major. Forced a couple of corners but there best chance was skied by big Rory.

Rory was invisible for most of that match except when he decided to throw a wee tantrum. Brilliant work by Adams who played his first full game in defence after only training twice since his injury.

That piece of link up play between Preston and McCrorie was sublime. Shame he was brought down tho. A inch more and could have been a penalty.

Crawford's goal was pretty good and another good team goal. Took it by the defender with a great drop of his shoulder and just cooly slotted it into the corner. More of that at Stranraer hopefully!!

Peterhead's goal was an unfortunate deflection and our second was one of our few goals scored from set pieces this season.

TBH, Ayr played a lot of the game in second gear and pretty much strolled through the last 30-20 mins which is good considering we still got a positive result with lots of chances created and the team shouldn't be to tired on Tuesday.

#doitforthecat

We were certainly beaten by the better team over both games & well done to Ayr. Think the turning point was going 2-1 down before half-time in the 1st game after that point Ayr never really looked under pressure at any time. Disappointing end to what would have been regarded as a decent season, as mentioned earlier thought the few of us there yesterday may have seen some acknowledgment from the team as they left the park yesterday but they were obviously just glad it was over. We have struggled at the back all season & need to look to strengthen before next season. Nathan Blockley has done various jobs during the season & you get 100% from him, Rory had not really played for about 3 weeks & did not really get much service added to that a ref on his case & he had a frustrating day. Scott Ross has hardly played for about 2 months but again lack of defenders meant he had to be thrown in yesterday. Anyway all the best to Ayr. 

Blockley has had a good season, most of his time has been coming on as a sub or filling in for a suspended defender, but was always dropped when the defender returned.

Our no4 I hope isn't our no4 next season, 3 reds this year I think. Between him and Rory there's most of our red cards. 

Diegomarahenry - the fans saw that at the end of august but the club didn't do anything, even in the January window.

I don't usually bother much with statistics but in the two games against Ayr, we committed 41 fouls and picked up 8 bookings. Suspensions and giving away free kicks around the penalty area which gives the opposition the chance to launch the ball into our box. We just cannot defend from set pieces and although Smith has pulled off some tremendous saves to keep us in a game, he has the "Dracula Syndrome" (fear of crosses) and we do not have a commanding centre half to compensate his failings. We certainly need a centre half built like a brick outhouse and two full backs, although I would persist with Blockley. Up front, if Mc Allister is on his game, he is unstoppable, however, in some games his indiscipline and petulance just makes him a passenger - we definitely need an alternative.

Some people will say that we had a good season by reaching the Petrofac Cup Final and in to the play-offs, however, I take a different view. It was a tremendous achievement to reach the final, however, on the day we were totally anonymous which was disappointing. Yes, we reached the play-offs only to go out with a whimper by a 6-2 aggregate. We started the season slowly and then hit a purple patch of a 19 game unbeaten run before going on an 8 game losing streak to end the season on a massive disappointment.

Is there somewhere I can find the halftime draw numbers? Went into the railway end for first time ever and didnt hear what the numbers were

1st. 2817

2nd. 2645

3rd. 2432

Archived