Get Nish Out

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nish interview re losing Cowden job via Sky Sports

Told he would be staying on regardless of what happened apparently must have been this thread 😂 that changed that or the board finally realised actually Nish doesn't appear to be the right man to take the club forward

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/10279328/colin-nish-wants-return-to-management-after-release-by-cowdenbeath

Told he would be staying on regardless of what happened apparently must have been this thread that changed that or the board finally realised actually Nish doesn't appear to be the right man to take the club forward

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/10279328/colin-nish-wants-return-to-management-after-release-by-cowdenbeath

Maybe Rie will make an offer to the club to keep Nish on as a player!

Told he would be staying on regardless of what happened apparently must have been this thread that changed that or the board finally realised actually Nish doesn't appear to be the right man to take the club forward

Maybe he was told that but I don't think anyone thought that the football served up would have been so awful to watch.

Hopefully he will bounce back somewhere. At the end of the day the boy has lost a full time job which I have gone through due to redundancy it isn't nice.

It was a tough start to his managerial career and a lot of the stuff he says in the Sky interview is fair , building an entire new squad, losing Smith and Murdoch etc.

Dick Campbell also "failed" in his first stab at management at Central Park almost 30 years ago and what he learned from that probably put him in good stead for his subsequent jobs and he's  made a decent living out of management since, so hopefully Colin may do the same.

He always came across as a decent bloke to me and I wish him all the best in his future career.

Hopefully he will bounce back somewhere. At the end of the day the boy has lost a full time job which I have gone through due to redundancy it isn't nice.

It was a tough start to his managerial career and a lot of the stuff he says in the Sky interview is fair , building an entire new squad, losing Smith and Murdoch etc.

Dick Campbell also "failed" in his first stab at management at Central Park almost 30 years ago and what he learned from that probably put him in good stead for his subsequent jobs and he's  made a decent living out of management since, so hopefully Colin may do the same.

He always came across as a decent bloke to me and I wish him all the best in his future career.

Well said Andy

Dick Campbell also "failed" in his first stab at management at Central Park almost 30 years ago and what he learned from that probably put him in good stead for his subsequent jobs and he's made a decent living out of management since, so hopefully Colin may do the same.

Agree. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Dick Campbell also "failed" in his first stab at management at Central Park almost 30 years ago and what he learned from that probably put him in good stead for his subsequent jobs and he's made a decent living out of management since, so hopefully Colin may do the same.

Yes I am sure Nish will still get something out of football and will have learned a great deal from this experience.

Whilst I agree it is not nice for someone to be made redundant and I am sure he has a family to support but that's life and if you don't do the job you were tasked with like any job you could find yourself no longer working in that position.

He obviously tried his best I am sure as he wants to make a name for himself however unfortunately things didn't work and taking him on next season would be a as I call it a Russian Roulette gamble due to the lowland league trapdoor had we perhaps been relegated from the championship then he may have been kept on.

Going forward Nish must try and work with different formations if he is back in management as the stuff this season was brutal to watch but Central Park to be fair wouldn't have helped as you can't really pass the ball about.

I know from a credible source that Nish had asked the team to play silky football but a player who shall remain unnamed challenged him on this saying how could we play like that on our pitch.

Anyway my thoughts have always been the same regarding Nish being a dreadful appointment from day one however I supported and backed him until it was clear where we were headed.

However now is a time for everybody to move forward and look forward to a very important season for the club.The board have made a very good decision for the good of the club addressing most people's concerns so now I am sure we will all back and support the next manager and put this thread to bed.

Genuinely hope things work out for Nish but he was not the right man to take our club forward in our circumstance.

Guys, Rie is back in Japan at the moment looking after her sick Mother. She won't have a huge amount of time to access to the internet & post on here but I informed her by email that Nishy has gone. Still awaiting a reply....

Sorry everyone I did not check P&B for a while.  I found out Nishy a few days ago by Cowden Twitter. If any of you find out which club he is going, please send me PM.  At moment, I need to think about my mum (and my postponed work and also where Nishy is going too) as we were told by doctors that my mum has bowel cancer.   We have an appointment with surgeon here to discuss about operation and so on.

This is one of the worst time for me _ about my mum and Nishy :(

Sorry everyone I did not check P&B for a while. I found out Nishy a few days ago by Cowden Twitter. If any of you find out which club he is going, please send me PM. At moment, I need to think about my mum (and my postponed work and also where Nishy is going too) as we were told by doctors that my mum has bowel cancer. We have an appointment with surgeon here to discuss about operation and so on.

Rie sorry to hear that your mother is unwell myself and I am sure everyone connected with Cowdenbeath Fc send our best wishes for a recovery for your mother.

In terms of Nish I am sure you will follow him on his next journey in Scottish Football

Chin up and best wishes

Sorry everyone I did not check P&B for a while.  I found out Nishy a few days ago by Cowden Twitter. If any of you find out which club he is going, please send me PM.  At moment, I need to think about my mum (and my postponed work and also where Nishy is going too) as we were told by doctors that my mum has bowel cancer.   We have an appointment with surgeon here to discuss about operation and so on.

Aw that fucking sucks  :(

Best wishes to you and your loved ones, especially your mother.

Hopefully Nish will move on to somewhere nearby.

Sorry everyone I did not check P&B for a while. I found out Nishy a few days ago by Cowden Twitter. If any of you find out which club he is going, please send me PM. At moment, I need to think about my mum (and my postponed work and also where Nishy is going too) as we were told by doctors that my mum has bowel cancer. We have an appointment with surgeon here to discuss about operation and so on.

Sorry to hear about your mum, Rie. All the best at this tough time for you.

Sorry about the bad news Rie. Be strong, for your mum and yourself.

My elderly father had an operation for bowel cancer about 3 years ago Rie. He is still going strong now and his treatment was a complete success. It was a worrying time though. It is a very treatable condition in most cases and I wish your mum all the best. Things like this put stupid things like football completely into perspective.

I could be totally making this up, but I'm sure Rie told us a while back that it was because she was from a place in Japan with Nish in its name.

Now I've typed that I'm convinced I dreamt it, actually.

It is not the reason but my hometown is next to Nishitokyo.

Got mixed up with all the other dreams you've had involving Rie?

What is it about Nish that made you such a fan Rie?

Just Nishy is my legend for various reasons :)

Archived