Get Nish Out

I'm excellent at my job. I meet all the kpis and maintain and exceed in my target areas. If I was not up to it I'd realise I was not giving it my best and secure another position more suited to my skill levels and abilities

I suppose Nish will be doing his best to get us down via the trapdoor to the Lowland League next season.

So you'd resign from that presumably well paid position even without another position secured?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a one off post. I am not sure why I should be taking fans concerns to the Board - is that not part of the role of the Supporters Council, part of the reason why it was set up? Why write letters when the Supporters Council has open access and could quickly have arranged a meeting between fans and Board? Why if there are real issues is that not the route followed? Why isn't the Supporters Council asking the questions direct instead of web posters?

Yes I read posts on here and get lots of folk speaking to me personally and the odd abusive message. Most of the Board don't read P&B but some do. Of course I will relay some of what is said.

I have seen much more anger than this among fans but hey I have been going for 50 years now - I do though have a pair so don't have a problem in accepting some blame in respect of where we are - if we are in a blame game. There is a time for a post mortem but it isn't pre mortem. So the best course for now is surely to follow Al's view for 1/2/3 games.

On the one odd subject re the Rangers cup monies which got my back up a bit - I am the idiot that published what was received same as I have done for all the other matches over the season. I don't accept that being open and honest is in any way wrong and the Sky monies were widely known whilst most estimates of gate money were way over what we did get. A fan run club shares info with the fans and I just don't accept the cause and effect argument put forward here.

Now I will butt out again!

The information regarding the Rangers gate money should have been kept quiet as we have a load of mercenaries playing for us and they thought they'd get their hands on that money. One factor imho that has led to our current predicament. That and not sacking Nish by now.

Not the fault of the board as I can see the positives of doing so but it has had a negative effect.

I apologise David for any offence caused but I'm so angry at the minute with it all.

So you'd resign from that presumably well paid position even without another position secured?

Yes and I have done so in the past. Other opportunities arise and taking that brave step can help you in the long run.

Yes and I have done so in the past. Other opportunities arise and taking that brave step can help you in the long run.

Right, so because you've done it once it's now expected of everyone? Not everyone is in a position to walk out of a job and sit about twiddling their thumbs until another opportunity comes up, especially when your opportunities are are limited in a game like football (especially in this country).  Expecting Nish to resign is unreasonable.  Expecting your board to sack him when he's clearly out of his depth is reasonable, but I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing that (i.e. they'd need to pay Nish the money he was due anyway so it's largely a pointless task when you've got nothing left to get a new guy in).

Right, so because you've done it once it's now expected of everyone? Not everyone is in a position to walk out of a job and sit about twiddling their thumbs until another opportunity comes up, especially when your opportunities are are limited in a game like football (especially in this country). Expecting Nish to resign is unreasonable. Expecting your board to sack him when he's clearly out of his depth is reasonable, but I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing that (i.e. they'd need to pay Nish the money he was due anyway so it's largely a pointless task when you've got nothing left to get a new guy in).

I'd maybe stop replying to a pie and bovril thread whilst at work or you'll be the one seeking new opportunities whilst twiddling your thumbs. Haven't your IT dept got round to blocking P&B?

Nish's contract is due up at end of June so board will be waiting for that or something else more amazing may happen with Nish.

Love the hypocrisy of failed football players and managers like nish. If he'd made a go of it he'd be off as soon as next big gig came along but because he's made an absolute holwer of it all he's hanging on in there. Football is a wonderful game

Thanks CC. And Phil, take a deep breath and count to 10, or 15 or possibly even 20. The Moonster is, unusually for him, talking sense. It is pish to say that Nish isn't trying. It is fair to say that like Brian Welsh before him, he clearly has neither the ability or footballing acumen to manage effectively a part time outfit like Cowden. Mixu had it, Danny had it and Cameron had it, for a while at least, before he ran out of ideas. Those 3 were fresh out of manager school too. 

Why on earth would he want to walk away from a job before his contract was up and for which he was getting a wage ? Would you, really, if you were in your first job in football management? I don't know for sure but if my maths is right we must be pretty close to the end of the 18 month period on which Jimmy the Useless Arse signed him up for. Rightly or wrongly, appointing Nish as manager was clearly the most cost effective solution for the club following the relegation from the championship. The club has a reputation for allowing the development of young managers (conveniently ignores the Jimmy the Useless Arse debacle) and for giving the manager the time and best chance to show what they can do. Whether the board sticks by someone for far too long when things are obviously going tits up seems to be a weakness, in my humble opinion, but for which is a conversation for another day, perhaps through the supporters council. Supporters who fear that Nish will be allowed to carry on following any relegation should sleep easy. It is only lunatics like Usedtogo who clearly has been abusing substances who thinks he should be given another go. Oh, and Rie. But she is forgiven because she is nice and just happens to be stalking Colin (surely we have some pretty boy in the under 20s that we can have scrubbed and sent to her tent for next season?).

Here's a one off post. I am not sure why I should be taking fans concerns to the Board - is that not part of the role of the Supporters Council, part of the reason why it was set up? Why write letters when the Supporters Council has open access and could quickly have arranged a meeting between fans and Board? Why if there are real issues is that not the route followed? Why isn't the Supporters Council asking the questions direct instead of web posters?

Yes I read posts on here and get lots of folk speaking to me personally and the odd abusive message. Most of the Board don't read P&B but some do. Of course I will relay some of what is said.

I have seen much more anger than this among fans but hey I have been going for 50 years now - I do though have a pair so don't have a problem in accepting some blame in respect of where we are - if we are in a blame game. There is a time for a post mortem but it isn't pre mortem. So the best course for now is surely to follow Al's view for 1/2/3 games.

On the one odd subject re the Rangers cup monies which got my back up a bit - I am the idiot that published what was received same as I have done for all the other matches over the season. I don't accept that being open and honest is in any way wrong and the Sky monies were widely known whilst most estimates of gate money were way over what we did get. A fan run club shares info with the fans and I just don't accept the cause and effect argument put forward here.

Good to hear from you on here CC and you are not butting In you are just as welcome to share your views and opinions as anybody else.

Don't know about anybody else but I am certainly not blaming the board for our unfortunate position,I am blaming Nish as the man who carrys the can for the team and also partly the players for not manning up in this vital stage of the campaign.

I see absolutely no harm in you publishing the figures that shows being open to the fans regarding the club's finances.

Yes the Supporters Council would be a more appropriate channel of communication rather than ranting and raving on here I accept that but I think it's best that that is perhaps done after we see how we do on Saturday. Also the Supporters Council as you know has trouble with people turning up to meetings and something fans and the council will have two look at how we get better with this engagement.

In terms of abusive messages to a fellow director then these people should remind themselves of the effort you put in as a volunteer and fan. I could almost bet those giving you abuse have never attended meetings at a supporters council event or put their head above the parapet and challenged their concerns face to face in a gentlemen manner.

Everybody is hurting like mad from last night but at least it's not 5 nil down which it should have been

Hopefully Nish and the team will get the finger have a rigorous training session pre match and the team looking for an early goal and getting back in this tie which reminds me if the Stockies are on Saturday are we factoring in extra time don't want the usual shannigans of revving cars if we are in Extra time?

Carry on David the majority of supporters know you and the board are doing a great job keeping the club alive

I dont think you need to come on here and justify board decisions thats not fair. Id love to hear the boards thoughts on our players/manager and our overall team performances as a collective not just yourself. We all have opinions and I wont get into Rangers money etc etc. I think the board have been fantastic and backed a young new manager with support and the cash to go succeed. He hasnt. 

The board have to take responsibility of poor decision making its fact. Thats not me picking at individuals. I am appalled about the team and manager.

We can make footballing decisions and business decisions for the sake of our club but on both counts football and business Nish doesnt deserve to be manager next season. Cold hard facts sometimes need to be looked at and there is no possible reasoning in my opinion for Nish (and a huge portion of the playing staff) to be kept on regardless of the league we are in next season.

Mone the Cowden.

Just checked the Nishy must Stay thread.

Nuthin doin.

Because I was not checking P & B yesterday and this morning, as I was busy to phone my mum's doctor and nurses in a hospital whenever I was not working

Thanks CC. And Phil, take a deep breath and count to 10, or 15 or possibly even 20. The Moonster is, unusually for him, talking sense. It is pish to say that Nish isn't trying. It is fair to say that like Brian Welsh before him, he clearly has neither the ability or footballing acumen to manage effectively a part time outfit like Cowden. Mixu had it, Danny had it and Cameron had it, for a while at least, before he ran out of ideas. Those 3 were fresh out of manager school too. 

Why on earth would he want to walk away from a job before his contract was up and for which he was getting a wage ? Would you, really, if you were in your first job in football management? I don't know for sure but if my maths is right we must be pretty close to the end of the 18 month period on which Jimmy the Useless Arse signed him up for. Rightly or wrongly, appointing Nish as manager was clearly the most cost effective solution for the club following the relegation from the championship. The club has a reputation for allowing the development of young managers (conveniently ignores the Jimmy the Useless Arse debacle) and for giving the manager the time and best chance to show what they can do. Whether the board sticks by someone for far too long when things are obviously going tits up seems to be a weakness, in my humble opinion, but for which is a conversation for another day, perhaps through the supporters council. Supporters who fear that Nish will be allowed to carry on following any relegation should sleep easy. It is only lunatics like Usedtogo who clearly has been abusing substances who thinks he should be given another go. Oh, and Rie. But she is forgiven because she is nice and just happens to be stalking Colin (surely we have some pretty boy in the under 20s that we can have scrubbed and sent to her tent for next season?).

Your post made me laugh even though all of other people's are depressing me.  I support (not stalk, ha, ha..) Nishy but it is not because of his looks :lol:

I'd maybe stop replying to a pie and bovril thread whilst at work or you'll be the one seeking new opportunities whilst twiddling your thumbs. Haven't your IT dept got round to blocking P&B?

Nish's contract is due up at end of June so board will be waiting for that or something else more amazing may happen with Nish.

Love the hypocrisy of failed football players and managers like nish. If he'd made a go of it he'd be off as soon as next big gig came along but because he's made an absolute holwer of it all he's hanging on in there. Football is a wonderful game

Not failed completely like Dundee United, Forfar and others. 

I can see you hate Nishy so much.  Do you hate everyone even your wife? :lol:   I now understand most Scottish football supporters hate everyone.   

Not failed completely like Dundee United, Forfar and others.

I can see you hate Nishy so much. Do you hate everyone even your wife? :lol: I now understand most Scottish football supporters hate everyone.

Rie. Don't try and tell Cowden fans why they dislike Nish. They're actually fans of the club.

You're not, you've got an incredibly strange warped obsession with Nish, someone who was a pretty pish footballer and even worse manager.

Of course you can't see clarity here.

If our board keep him on next season it will not be a pleasant experience for Nish and fans will stop.going.

Do NOT include me.  I will continuing support Cowdenbeath and go to see games whenever I am in Scotland. 

Archived