Get Nish Out

If a player isn't up to it he doesn't get a game or " leaves by mutual consent" what do you do with a manager?

Horrible situation in Cowden's case as the manager comes across as a genuine guy.

"Leaving by mutual consent" just means that the club and player have come to an agreement to terminate the contract, which will include part or all of the money the player is due on his contract (depending on the time left on it, the circumstances etc.).  Expecting Nish to resign, wave goodbye to the money that Cowden promised him in his contract and join the end of the dole queue is highly unreasonable.

If your board want to sit down and work out a severance package for Nish to leave then by all means carry on.  It's that, sack him or deal with it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't respect the guy for trying to do his best in a difficult job? Probably says more about you than him to be honest.

The thing he hasn't done his best. He is a worse manager than Brian Welsh. Nish has had resources given him but he's not used them correctly. This job is beyond his capabilities.

Would have no influence over anything, I tried it last season.

Mate, we have a tiny support. If even a dozen letters arrived the board would have no choice.

(I know you count for a few fans worth due to the effort you put in though 😀)

The thing he hasn't done his best. He is a worse manager than Brian Welsh. Nish has had resources given him but he's not used them correctly. This job is beyond his capabilities.

I'm certain he is and has tried his best.

Can't think of 1 reason why he wouldn't .

Where to start.  Bit by bit I suppose;

"He hasn't done his best" - Has he not?  Is he not trying to do all he can to keep you up?  If so, I'll need some examples of what he's done to prove this. Note: the team playing pish doesn't mean that Nish isn't trying his best, it means he's shit at the job - again it's not his fault that he's out of his depth, he applied for the job and the Cowden board gave him it.

"He's a worse manager than Brian Welsh" - has no relevance as to whether or not Nish is doing the best he can.

"Nish has had resources but not used them correctly" - Okay, so he's got players in that haven't worked out, are you suggesting that Nish has purposely signed players that he thought wouldn't be up to it?

"The job is beyond his capabilities" - Your board interviewed him and deemed him the most suitable candidate, which he may well have been at the time, again though it doesn't mean Nish isn't trying his best, as shite as his best may be.

Not that it matters but I had a quick look - this season we had 2 points more than we did under Welsh in a much harder division.  This season there's been no Berwick cut adrift at the bottom.

If I had to choose I'd say Nish has done a better job!

Then again he's also royally screwed us and done a shite job.

He has not done his best. That is evident in the performances and results this season. He's there for the money only and has not given a f**k from tbe start.

From my sources his training sessions are like that of a pub team. The players fitness levels have dropped over the season. He has no tactical ability and has no professionalism. He does not inspire confidence in the players. Quite simply Nish gave up in late Feb.

If our board keep him on next season it will not be a pleasant experience for Nish and fans will stop.going.

He has not done his best. That is evident in the performances and results this season. He's there for the money only and has not given a f**k from tbe start.

From my sources his training sessions are like that of a pub team. The players fitness levels have dropped over the season. He has no tactical ability and has no professionalism. He does not inspire confidence in the players. Quite simply Nish gave up in late Feb.

If our board keep him on next season it will not be a pleasant experience for Nish and fans will stop.going.

:lol:

Why is it so hard to understand that Nish can try his best but still be shite at the job?  If Nish wants to make it in management (which I assume he does given that he's been trying to be/has been a manager for the last 3 years), what good will "not giving a f**k from the start" of this job do for his chances of getting another job?  Bizarre claims.  

If he's under-qualified for the job and your board keep him on then blame has to lie with them, not Nish.

:lol:

Why is it so hard to understand that Nish can try his best but still be shite at the job? If Nish wants to make it in management (which I assume he does given that he's been trying to be/has been a manager for the last 3 years), what good will "not giving a f**k from the start" of this job do for his chances of getting another job? Bizarre claims.

If he's under-qualified for the job and your board keep him on then blame has to lie with them, not Nish.

The board need to answer serious questions about keeping him when it is not working out. Christ they sacked Mickey for less and he'd won us League 1 but apparently that was due to Jimmy Nic according to some.

Nish isn't doing his best he's just going through the motions. If he was doing the job to the best of his abilities he'd not play absolute shite like Kane and then sign dung like Caldwell and Gibbons.

He'd have realised that playing long ball to Greig Spence doesn't work and changed the set up.of the team to suit players strengths. He didn't do this and sticks with his plan A as he has no other plan. He's the gaffer and needed to find a way to win games. What did he do - nothing.

The job has demoralised him and since late Feb he's chucked it himself. See his post match interview after Stranraer game.

The dumbo fans were overjoyed when we signed Nish. Previous posters told us he was lazy and uninterested when running your u20 team.

But hey we are stuck with Nish. That brandy they drink the boardroom must have them all tripping as they see things differently from the fans.

Nish isn't doing his best he's just going through the motions. If he was doing the job to the best of his abilities he'd not play absolute shite like Kane and then sign dung like Caldwell and Gibbons.

The dumbo fans were overjoyed when we signed Nish. Previous posters told us he was lazy and uninterested when running your u20 team.

Honestly, if you can't decipher between someone not trying and someone not being good at their job then this debate is largely pointless.  Nish thinks that playing Kane and signing Caldwell and Gibbons is the best way for the team to gain points, this doesn't mean Nish isn't trying, it means he's not very good at picking players or organising football teams.  FWIW, both Caldwell and Gibbons looked decent signings on paper, sometimes it doesn't work out.

I don't remember any comments about Nish not being interested when he was manager of our U20s, plenty comments about how woeful our results were but as I've pointed out about 3,000 times now, that didn't mean he wasn't trying his best.

Honestly, if you can't decipher between someone not trying and someone not being good at their job then this debate is largely pointless. Nish thinks that playing Kane and signing Caldwell and Gibbons is the best way for the team to gain points, this doesn't mean Nish isn't trying, it means he's not very good at picking players or organising football teams. FWIW, both Caldwell and Gibbons looked decent signings on paper, sometimes it doesn't work out.

I don't remember any comments about Nish not being interested when he was manager of our U20s, plenty comments about how woeful our results were but as I've pointed out about 3,000 times now, that didn't mean he wasn't trying his best.

No-one who's ever seen Gibbons on a football pitch could possibly think he would be a good signing. Even on paper why would you want a Livingston reject?

Honestly, if you can't decipher between someone not trying and someone not being good at their job then this debate is largely pointless. Nish thinks that playing Kane and signing Caldwell and Gibbons is the best way for the team to gain points, this doesn't mean Nish isn't trying, it means he's not very good at picking players or organising football teams. FWIW, both Caldwell and Gibbons looked decent signings on paper, sometimes it doesn't work out.

Picked out 2 comments ans jumped all over them. I have given you many examples of why Nish isnt doing his best.

No-one who's ever seen Gibbons on a football pitch could possibly think he would be a good signing. Even on paper why would you want a Livingston reject?

Livi have some good players in that team, they're suffering from a similar ailment to Cowdenbeath in that they've got a buffoon picking the team and tactics each week.  Gibbons had played a few games at Championship level and looked okay, dropping a level looked like it would suit him - it didn't work out.

Picked out 2 comments ans jumped all over them. I have given you many examples of why Nish isnt doing his best.

I can go through the rest of your irrelevant points if you want, but it's getting late in my working day and I just couldn't be arsed.  You've given me many examples of why Nish isn't a good football manager, absolutely none of them suggest that he's not trying though.  

Livi have some good players in that team, they're suffering from a similar ailment to Cowdenbeath in that they've got a buffoon picking the team and tactics each week. Gibbons had played a few games at Championship level and looked okay, dropping a level looked like it would suit him - it didn't work out.

I can go through the rest of your irrelevant points if you want, but it's getting late in my working day and I just couldn't be arsed. You've given me many examples of why Nish isn't a good football manager, absolutely none of them suggest that he's not trying though.

So walk away as it's been proven that he aint doing his best. All of Scottish football knows it. I'm sure you can campaign to have Nish back at Dumbo u20s.

Plus the fact you think Gibbons is a decent player shows that you know the square root of f**k all.

Have a nice day

So walk away as it's been proven that he aint doing his best. All of Scottish football knows it. I'm sure you can campaign to have Nish back at Dumbo u20s.

Plus the fact you think Gibbons is a decent player shows that you know the square root of f**k all.

Have a nice day

I think you're shite at your job, Phil, why don't you walk away from it and do the right thing and give someone more qualified a shot?

Our U20s have been folded so unfortunately that campaign would be a bit pointless.

I haven't once stated that I think Gibbons is a decent player - he played a few games and turned in okay performances and it looked like dropping down a level would help him.

I'm having a lovely day thanks, enjoy League 2 and watch that trapdoor...

Cowden Cowboy must take fans real concerns to the board as it is very clear from conversations with fans last night and on this forum that we may lose fans if Nish remains at the helm. I am sure Cowden Cowboy is dissapointed as we are and were lucky to previously have his input on this forum.

What would also be good is for the manager to come out and show some engagement with fans by apologising for last night's performance.

As a club we must continue to back the club however I don't know what the justification is with Nish continuing to be our manager and it's no wonder so many fans are unhappy

No blame to the board attached but surely they can appreciate Nish's ability is unacceptable and he must go.

I have never seen so many Cowden fans irate.

The fans,volunteers and the board have played their part in helping the club via fundraising 100 club roof fall however the manager has not played his part in helping sustaining a safe future for Cowdenbeath instead he has fielded a team that is an insult to the game and the club.

For me it would have been a sacking on the spot at full time.

Let's hope Nish has had his backside kicked and the team to get the big performance we need on Saturday

Here's a one off post. I am not sure why I should be taking fans concerns to the Board - is that not part of the role of the Supporters Council, part of the reason why it was set up? Why write letters when the Supporters Council has open access and could quickly have arranged a meeting between fans and Board? Why if there are real issues is that not the route followed? Why isn't the Supporters Council asking the questions direct instead of web posters?

Yes I read posts on here and get lots of folk speaking to me personally and the odd abusive message. Most of the Board don't read P&B but some do. Of course I will relay some of what is said.

I have seen much more anger than this among fans but hey I have been going for 50 years now - I do though have a pair so don't have a problem in accepting some blame in respect of where we are - if we are in a blame game. There is a time for a post mortem but it isn't pre mortem. So the best course for now is surely to follow Al's view for 1/2/3 games.

On the one odd subject re the Rangers cup monies which got my back up a bit - I am the idiot that published what was received same as I have done for all the other matches over the season. I don't accept that being open and honest is in any way wrong and the Sky monies were widely known whilst most estimates of gate money were way over what we did get. A fan run club shares info with the fans and I just don't accept the cause and effect argument put forward here.

Now I will butt out again!

As everyone else did i gave nish a chance even tho i thought it was a poor appointment his signings have been woeful his tactics have been shite , he cant change a game , his idea of football is go 1-0 up then make a sub to keep the game at 1-0 which has never worked the same as the punt the ball up to greig spence has never worked , Donaldson , el zubadi , mo , beaumont , caldwell , have all been massive failures along with a lot of fans favourites , i like gibbons at times he can turn with the ball and plays it simple a lot of the time , but i can see why people are frustrated with him , from sources in the club I've heard that things only started to get a bit more professional when jason dair came in IMO spence and grant adam have been the only worthwhile signings if it wasn't for them we would have been relegated weeks ago , nish has to go bring back mickey least he had a bit of discipline and the players were fit half the team have looked like they were towing a caravan all season

I think you're shite at your job, Phil, why don't you walk away from it and do the right thing and give someone more qualified a shot?

Our U20s have been folded so unfortunately that campaign would be a bit pointless.

I haven't once stated that I think Gibbons is a decent player - he played a few games and turned in okay performances and it looked like dropping down a level would help him.

I'm having a lovely day thanks, enjoy League 2 and watch that trapdoor...

I'm excellent at my job. I meet all the kpis and maintain and exceed in my target areas. If I was not up to it I'd realise I was not giving it my best and secure another position more suited to my skill levels and abilities

I suppose Nish will be doing his best to get us down via the trapdoor to the Lowland League next season.

Archived