Get Nish Out

Do have a degree of sympathy with Colin. Towards the end of 2015, he had a good balanced side, playing decent football which looked well capable of a top four finish. However the heart was ripped out of it with losing Murdoch and Smith and also Kerr and Sneddon through injury. Top quality loan signings are few and far between and you just have to hope that fringe players from premiership teams will be a bit better than the average League 1 player. Sadly, Gibbons and McDaid have looked frequently like average league 1 players at best and goalkeepers have both been inconsistent. On the other hand, Sives has been a good acquisition. This coupled with the fact that it's his first season as a manager, is why I do, as I said, have some sympathy. Board probably need to start planning for life in league 2 now tho, in all probability.

While Sives has in the main been good the last two games he's been awful. Sold us out for the goal today.

Thats not why we lost today though. We had no fight in midfield and gifted Stranraer the ball in the middle third. The number of times a midfield runner burst through our 3 without us chalkenging was frightening. It left the defence exposed and the goal was a matter of time.

You could see our midfield was shite. Anyone could. Murdoch shored it up single handed but was then replaced by Gibbons with Beaumont and Milne coming back as well. Midfield has been our problem for years and any decent manager would have started there to gix the team.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck in the play offs. I reckon that even if you do go down , you will be stronger than the rest of the dross down there and bounce back up. You were far better than Farfar this season.

Agree the standard in L2 isn't great - Cowdens problem is that they lack any sort of form.

All the best to Cowden in the playoffs

Not fair to put all the blame at the managers door perhaps change the title to add and those who appointed him too?

Quite right.  Anyway, I will renew my season ticket and sponsorship if Nishy stays.  I need money for my mum but I am NOT going to stop support Nishy even if I get bank loan.

I will come back this page after I have my dinner as I have not eaten anything since 10.30am when I left for Stranraer...

As I said ealier months ago takes nothing to do with his youth as were Jimmy Nicholl took them daily released the better youth players without knowing them , except every 20 mins in a 20s game hear and there total not what you expect from a up and totally useless manager that reminds off managers in the 90s

Quite right. Anyway, I will renew my season ticket and sponsorship if Nishy stays. I need money for my mum but I am NOT going to stop support Nishy even if I get bank loan.

I will come back this page after I have my dinner as I have not eaten anything since 10.30am when I left for Stranraer...

You are an utter crackpot.

As I said ealier months ago takes nothing to do with his youth as were Jimmy Nicholl took them daily released the better youth players without knowing them , except every 20 mins in a 20s game hear and there total not what you expect from a up and totally useless manager that reminds off managers in the 90s

Maybe if Jimmy had spent more time sorting out the 1st team we wouldn't be where we are today. Far bigger issues ahead for us than some young boys getting released.

Quite right. Anyway, I will renew my season ticket and sponsorship if Nishy stays. I need money for my mum but I am NOT going to stop support Nishy even if I get bank loan.

Are you a Cowdenbeath fan or just a Colin Nish fan?😂

I'm not going back until Nish is gone. Cannot stomach watching the shite served up and what few good players we have Brett and Spence being dragged down by the rest of the lazy spineless little b*****ds who don't give a toss under the watch of a failed youth coach as the board stands idly by as we sink to the bottom of Scottish football.

As well as our obvious lack of quality, the most dissapointing thing for me has been the lack of desire and fighting spirit within our players. A lot of them look like they are going through the motions and hide away in games. Our midfield in particular win little ball and are scared to put in a tackle. I can't remember a time when there has been less of a bond and affinity between the support and the players. I do feel a bit sorry for Nish, it's a classic story of someone being promoted beyond their ability because nobody better could be afforded. The previous manager blew all of our cash on dross and walked away laughing.

Whatever happens Nish needs to go and we need to get in someone who is hungry and ambitious and not someone who is happy to plod along without any adventure or drive. Normally I'd leave this until after the play-offs but it feels like we are already down.

I'm not going back until Nish is gone. Cannot stomach watching the shite served up and what few good players we have Brett and Spence being dragged down by the rest of the lazy spineless little b*****ds who don't give a toss under the watch of a failed youth coach as the board stands idly by as we sink to the bottom of Scottish football.

Good.  I do not need to have a fight against you at Central Park.  I cannot afford to have an incident involves Police Scotland as I do not want to lose my jobs.

As well as our obvious lack of quality, the most dissapointing thing for me has been the lack of desire and fighting spirit within our players. A lot of them look like they are going through the motions and hide away in games. Our midfield in particular win little ball and are scared to put in a tackle. I can't remember a time when there has been less of a bond and affinity between the support and the players. I do feel a bit sorry for Nish, it's a classic story of someone being promoted beyond their ability because nobody better could be afforded. The previous manager blew all of our cash on dross and walked away laughing.

Whatever happens Nish needs to go and we need to get in someone who is hungry and ambitious and not someone who is happy to plod along without any adventure or drive. Normally I'd leave this until after the play-offs but it feels like we are already down.

As I was watching the game yesterday, I felt the same.  MFs could not win a ball at all, so Spence was so flustrated even though DFs were really trying hard.  IMO, if Nishy stays, he can find good MFs like Murdoch and Smith...

Good. I do not need to have a fight against you at Central Park. I cannot afford to have an incident involves Police Scotland as I do not want to lose my jobs.

What a load of pish you spout. You need to face facts the football that Nish has us playing is awful. End the sycophancy and admit he's not up to it as a gaffer. Nish is one of the worse managers Cowden has had. Nice guy but he needs to go for the sake of Cowdenbeath FC.

Archived