Those were the days............

Dindeleux

"**Enter Star Striker Name** has been ruled out for 6 weeks with a stubbed toe."

Was there a more infuriating message?! :lol:

Yes. The board telling you that you were £5 short for the overall cost of the stadium you'd spent 20 minutes redeveloping.

Was anyone a fan of "California Games" and in particular the BMX'ing?

Hackey sack, ftw!!!

Another old favourite of that period - Beachhead, must have played that game hundreds of times.

beach-head_04.gif

331342-beach-head-commodore-64-screensho

1080p, 60fps, BOOM!!!

It's well overdue a remake, it was a veritable smorgasbord of military combat.

Was anyone a fan of "California Games" and in particular the BMX'ing?

I spent a whole summer playing that on an Atari Lynx with a girlfriend's brother, to the point that we got stupidly good at it. Tragically satisfying to hit the edge of a jump at full-pelt early on, then fly over the rest of the course doing 360s like a windmill in a hurricane   :P

Anyone remember Premier Manager? Pished all over the original Championship Manager.

LMA manager. What a game.

Superb game.  Only had one of them and it was the 05/06 season.  Whenever you took the Cowdenbeath job (instead of Mixu Paatelainen who was real manager) you would end up with Mixu as a striker who banged in the goals for a season. 

Fairly sure we also had a James Allan and a James Cumming in our squad - James Cumming changed his name to Allan before the season started so we had a double player!  Now of course he's the lead signer of Glasvegas. Not that that is relevant.

Used to also love being able to add in cheats to the game.  The superstar cheat meant every player in your team went from a diddy into one of the best in the world including all your youth players.

LMA manager. What a game.

This game nearly caused me to kill my brother. Had it on ps1 and had turned Bolton into a powerhouse, top class stadium the works. I'm usually terrible at management games so I was very proud of my achievements. I came in one day to see my brother playing it, not using my Bolton team but I was sure it was my memory card that was in! The dopey b*****d had saved over my glorious achievements.

i always remember the hardest part of the bmx'ing was trying to stop in the end zone of the course before going over the edge and dying, cracking game

That's right! Forgot all about that bit.

I was quite good at the keepy-up one and halfpipe. From memory they brought out an updated one for the Master System or Mega Drive and the graphics were brilliant. The first one I played was little pixel graphics on an Atari.

You used to be able to play this on game-oldies.com but it hasn't been loading too well in my work recently.

I was quite good at the keepy-up one and halfpipe. From memory they brought out an updated one for the Master System or Mega Drive and the graphics were brilliant. The first one I played was little pixel graphics on an Atari.

You used to be able to play this on game-oldies.com but it hasn't been loading too well in my work recently.

the master system one is the game i remember,

I want to play California games now. Do I get the amiga out of the loft or download an emulator?

I want to play California games now. Do I get the amiga out of the loft or download an emulator?

Shocking endorsement of illegal activity from a mod   :o

WinUAE is the word   :thumsup2

Shocking endorsement of illegal activity from a mod   :o

WinUAE is the word   :thumsup2

Technically, it would still be illegal, I guess. I doubt Epyx will be coming after me for downloading a game thats nearly 30 years old .. oh god, I feel even more like an old duffer ... particularly as they went bust a long time ago! 

Actually, I would have owned the original at some point, so nothing illegal here ;)

Technically, it would still be illegal, I guess. I doubt Epyx will be coming after me for downloading a game thats nearly 30 years old .. oh god, I feel even more like an old duffer ... particularly as they went bust a long time ago! 

Actually, I would have owned the original at some point, so nothing illegal here ;)

Uhuh...I used to own all my Amiga games too   :whistle

Edit: the IP's probably owned by UbiSoft or someone these days, for whatever difference that makes...

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave