Those were the days............

Dindeleux

It'll come as no surprise to anyone that I own all of these games   8)

haha, the one o mind most was the one where you pumped a hooker, if you didnt have a johnny you got a disease and died, and if you flushed the bog in the pub toilet it flooed up and drowned you :lol:

Shadow of the beast remake and original from the Amiga coming to PS4 shortly.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/4/11591892/shadow-of-the-beast-difficulty-ps4-release-date

I'd noticed that. It doesn't look like SOTB to me. Well, maybe the poor Atari ST version; it's very dour and drab looking.

I did the lid open thing with the PS1. It was another way of playing chipped games without chipping the console. I don't reckon I'd have played as many games had I not done this. Great times.

- Going to a mate's bit with a game and a memory-card in the case.

- Blowing into a cartridge/blowing air on a disc and wiping it with my tshirt.

- Having to buy an add on cable with 4 ports to play multiplayer and thinking it was the bollocks!

- More than one disc being required to play a game.

- The lack of buttons :D

Maybe time to go retro http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/668424/Nintendo-NX-update-Axion-Verge-release-date-Legend-of-Zelda

And

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/why-nintendo-nxs-rumored-shift-from-discs-to-cartridges-is-actually-smart/

Nintendo to go back to cartridges.

Tl:dr machines are running faster than the disks can be read. Having a micro usb style memory system on cartridge would load and run quicker

Original Street Fighter arcade machine, where there were pressure sensitive pads (one for kicks, one for punches) rather than three buttons for light, medium and heavy kicks and three for punches. Basically, you had to hammerfist the pad hard if you wanted to do a hard blow.

118124217352.jpg

Anyone else remember this form? They disappeared quite quickly I think, not sure whether a safety thing or a maintenance thing.

Wonder if they will ever remake moonstone and if it was as good as remembered

Moonstone was a great game, even though I seem to recall making very little progress and just repeating the same bits quite a lot.

Heimdall was another game that I loved but made very little progress with but it did look amazing.

Released by Core Design who used to make lots of very pretty games back in the Amiga days and a certain pony-tailed explorer.

HEIMDALL002.jpg

heimdall.jpg

:wub:

On my spectrum years ago I had a game called Street soccer.

Playing with my mate who was on the joystick and I on the keys.

I realised that if he was running at me with the ball and I pressed all my keys at the same time he would just release the ball and run away from it.

I'd be trying to stifle my sniggers while he was losing the rag.

Fastforward to goldeneye on N64 and the Temple? Map. I knew the spawning sequence for the multiplayer. Usually would wait til they just about got a gun.tears and spotters everywhere.