Clark drive v ShortLees,Ayrshire cup semi final

cannybefukd

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penalty in the first half looked a stone waller from where I was, 10 yards away behind the goals. Others around me agreed.

Defender said it was never a pen, striker said it definitely was. Opinions, opinions...

No penalty decision,fair enough,but why no booking for diving ? Personally (in my opinion)it was a penalty,but,he didn't trip himself up ???? Should have been a yellow then !!!

That's the level of official we are dealing with though. I don't think they realise the preparation that goes into a game like that, it's not just a matter of turning up and playing. Guys straight after they're work out there bursting a gut for a place in a final plus it's been in the coaches minds for weeks etc figuring out best ways to win the game etc etc relying on the officials to do they're job correctly but can't then it all falls apart and ur prep had been for f**k all for decisions that to be honest at the pace the amateur game is played at compared to higher level should be getting right! They're way below par in my opinion for the effort, and sacrifice guys are making each and every week.... Rant over ha.

That's the level of official we are dealing with though. I don't think they realise the preparation that goes into a game like that, it's not just a matter of turning up and playing. Guys straight after they're work out there bursting a gut for a place in a final plus it's been in the coaches minds for weeks etc figuring out best ways to win the game etc etc relying on the officials to do they're job correctly but can't then it all falls apart and ur prep had been for f**k all for decisions that to be honest at the pace the amateur game is played at compared to higher level should be getting right! They're way below par in my opinion for the effort, and sacrifice guys are making each and every week.... Rant over ha.

What u forget is that officials also straight out of work. These guys give up Saturday's and midweek evenings to allow us to play. They get no thanks and constant abuse and still continue to turn up. Yes they make mistakes as do players. They are human after all. Give it a go before slating the guys that keep our game running

What u forget is that officials also straight out of work. These guys give up Saturday's and midweek evenings to allow us to play. They get no thanks and constant abuse and still continue to turn up. Yes they make mistakes as do players. They are human after all. Give it a go before slating the guys that keep our game running

What you're forgetting is that these officials get paid for giving up their evenings and weekends, club committees, coaches and players don't! Yes I appreciate referees and our game couldn't be played without them but to suggest they deserve the same amount of credit as volunteers who run clubs is ridiculous and if some refs weren't as arrogant then people would respect them a lot more!

Not all refs granted but a lot take the money without care regardless and are answerable to no one unlike players, officials etc so in my opinion my comment was justified. If they were held accountable for the mistakes they make like players and officials then maybe they would maybe take a bit more care, I mean u canny even talk to some refs. Aye they take abuse but that's their decision, no one holds a gun to their head and forces them to do it and like I said they get paid to do so.

Nae refs, Nae games.

Ams level, Ams teams, Ams refs!

Jist bcos a ref gits sum decisions wrong dosnae mean u can call him (etc)! Human bein like the rest eh us!

Git eh grip, or yur voluterin wnt b wirth shite!

A wudnae dae it becos of way sum guys act!

So because they get paid means it's ok for players/managers and club officials to abuse them? No it's not so that argument doesn't stack up. Treat them with respect and u get respect back that's what I find.

What they get paid doesn't exactly cover expenses and time away from family, most of them do it for the love of the game

Players get decisions wrong and refs get decisions wrong, that's football. We just need to get on with it, as for the game on Wednesday night, I thought the ref and his linesman did a good job, wasn't a penalty but was certainly a free kick. Can't always look for excuses if your team gets beat.

Agree wae above 2 its a hard job just a pitymore ex players dont ref as they know rthe difference between a bad tackle and someone going for ball, it is a hard job tho n mosy refs are ok just s couple of fannys

I never once approved of abusing refs. I only commented on them taking time out of their evenings and weekends but still take a wage for doing it, I know there are some refs that do at least 3 games a week. And for all who run a club it's frustrating that some officials turn up 20 minutes before the game, demand their fee then can't get the easy decisions correct. It happens at all levels I know and yes They are only human but to be paid for blatant incompetence and to have no specific monitoring of these actions is the reason it keeps happening. If they were to be docked pay or stopped refereeing for a few weeks then they wouldn't be long in cutting out their arrogance.

Archived