Clark drive v ShortLees,Ayrshire cup semi final

cannybefukd

Yes, a blatant dive for it just like his blatant dive trying to win a penalty first half.

Smashing player but let's himself down with those antics.

He's been the best player in amateur football this year by some distance. What comes with the best players is usually a bit of arrogance, fiery temper and a bit of throwing themselves about. Credit where it's due the lad is outstanding and I'm not saying one man makes a team but his performances have won lees the west and undoubtedly the Ayrshire and league too

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was right behind the goals in 1st half and was a blatant penalty when Knapp was brought down. Also thought it should have been a straight red card for Clark drive midfielder for a bad tackle in middle of the park. Better team won and should have been more goals in it.

He's been the best player in amateur football this year by some distance. What comes with the best players is usually a bit of arrogance, fiery temper and a bit of throwing themselves about. Credit where it's due the lad is outstanding and I'm not saying one man makes a team but his performances have won lees the west and undoubtedly the Ayrshire and league too

Correct

Credit.also the experienced players Mason Caldwell gold .

Was a good game, a game of two halves I think. Drives approach and performance in the first half surprised shortlees a think hence the reason they changed shape but shortlees was defo the better side second half. Not a free kick in my opinion given away by an experienced defender but well done to knapp for spotting the opening,was good game. Good luck to shortlees in the final.

Going slightly off topic but sticking with the Shortlees theme. Just wonder why none of them ever get a Scotland call up? Do they have/had a choice and turn it down or simply not get a look in? Having seen Shotlees and some Scotland Select games recently, there is certainly room in that squad for Knapp & Gold at least...and indeed maybe a few other players from Ayrshire (although I'm not familiar with the league)

Manager is called Eddie Mc Ghee,but he wasn't there last night, Robert Fitzpatrick with the help of Ricky Vance (ex-player it seems) took the game last night,why do you ask ?

Let's just say with 3 min to go and down 1-0 they went 4-4-2.

Strange to say the least

Yes, a blatant dive for it just like his blatant dive trying to win a penalty first half.

Smashing player but let's himself down with those antics.

Penalty in the first half looked a stone waller from where I was, 10 yards away behind the goals. Others around me agreed.

Defender said it was never a pen, striker said it definitely was. Opinions, opinions...

Defender said he did slide in but didn't put his foot in.. Defo opinions. Free kick that led to the goal wasn't in my opinion as the ball clearly changed direction at point of tackle but again it's the refs opinion that counts.. Unfortunately lol.

Mason in his fourties and still arguably best centre half in Ayrshire.....................

wouldnt even say arguably mate what a role model to some of the younger guys about playing on till that age

Drive came out box early and took Shortlees they had to change their shape but after they did they dominated till the end. few chances for both sides but Clark drive did well to only keep it at 1-0 imo!! Def a pen and boy sloss lucky to see yellow

Archived