Clark drive v ShortLees,Ayrshire cup semi final

cannybefukd

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it poor that after agreeing to host the semi final . The Talbot have pulled out

Talbot have not pulled out. They were given a home fixture yesterday and tomorrow and understandably asked to RESCHEDULE to another date. That seems fairly reasonable to me, especially given the weather forecast for today.

Kilmarnock were not giving the use of Rugby Park for free, and were never asked to.

The stand behind one goal at Rugby Park is not safe for support or so they said when they wanted £5k from companies for sponsor whilst assuring them that the stand would remain closed all season allowing full sponsorship exposure every game. Unfortunately for the sponsors this wasn't the case when the old firm came to town as killie opened the stand to allow more fans and more ticket revenue into the ground and not showing the sponsors banners at probably the their highest attended games.

Also I believe they got a community grant to pay for the pitch but after the disruption at last year's junior final they will not allow clubs to book because a supporter threw a flare into the pitch and set it on fire

Not safe? It's been open several times this season.

I'm sure it could handle two men and a dog watching amateurs.

The bottom line is Killie aren't interested in the grassroots of Ayrshire football and creating something for the local lads and teams to remember. The junior game pay handsomely for Killie to host that final, where as the Ayrshire association donate to killies development set up but Killie obviously rate that as high as the game in Ayrshire. We're better off at Talbot anyway in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Take it wz a free kick that won it what was it like...............

Curled into the bottom corner suppose bit brilliance was difference.

Am sure you will see videos or be told if your a shortlees fan lol

Yes, a blatant dive for it just like his blatant dive trying to win a penalty first half.

Smashing player but let's himself down with those antics.

A don't think he has let himself or any his team mates down at all tonight or this season.

Archived