Clark drive v ShortLees,Ayrshire cup semi final

cannybefukd

Had a wee look at both teams forms so far this season, Shortlees are flying,not lost a game in league,cup final of West.

Clark drive on the other hand,beaten in league by Ardrossan twice earlier in season,and looks like Ardrossan will be relegated now !

Beaten 4-0 by Stewarton a wee while back(they were bottom of league). It'll be interesting to see if the real Clark drive will turn up for this one.

If they do it'll be a cracker !!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the "cup final " is also at Beechwood now,as the mighty Killie let the AAFA. down with unacceptable

terms ie. Changing rooms would be portacabins NOT changing rooms and support would only be allowed behind one goal ie. The Moffat stand!!!!

Apparently the "cup final " is also at Beechwood now,as the mighty Killie let the AAFA. down with unacceptable

terms ie. Changing rooms would be portacabins NOT changing rooms and support would only be allowed behind one goal ie. The Moffat stand!!!!

Community club so I'm told .

Shocking to say the least

The stand behind one goal at Rugby Park is not safe for support or so they said when they wanted £5k from companies for sponsor whilst assuring them that the stand would remain closed all season allowing full sponsorship exposure every game. Unfortunately for the sponsors this wasn't the case when the old firm came to town as killie opened the stand to allow more fans and more ticket revenue into the ground and not showing the sponsors banners at probably the their highest attended games.

Also I believe they got a community grant to pay for the pitch but after the disruption at last year's junior final they will not allow clubs to book because a supporter threw a flare into the pitch and set it on fire

Won't get better surface than Beechwood however as an incentive to player and reward for getting to the showpiece final a senior ground is much more appealing.

It seems Killie haven't done themselves any favours over this.

With Shortlees having a chance of getting to the final and being the local club from Killie it makes you wonder about their so called 'community club' status.

Won't get better surface than Beechwood however as an incentive to player and reward for getting to the showpiece final a senior ground is much more appealing.

It seems Killie haven't done themselves any favours over this.

With Shortlees having a chance of getting to the final and being the local club from Killie it makes you wonder about their so called 'community club' status.

Since when have Kilmarnock been a community club? They are not a charity either.

Maybe their not I just thought as they have a Community Engagement Board that was established in terms of Article 28 of the Club's new constitution (Articles of Association).

I thought the aim of that was ' to play a vital role in developing the club's future relationship with the local community.'

Apologies on my behalf though maybe I interpreted it wrong.

I was looking forward to a 'Killie Pie' oh wait .........

Maybe their not I just thought as they have a Community Engagement Board that was established in terms of Article 28 of the Club's new constitution (Articles of Association).

I thought the aim of that was ' to play a vital role in developing the club's future relationship with the local community.'

Apologies on my behalf though maybe I interpreted it wrong.

I was looking forward to a 'Killie Pie' oh wait .........

Kilmarnock under Michael Johnson have alienated the community in a variety of different ways. The community engagement board is an appeasement tactic and is largely symbolic in my opinion.

Opening a stand for a few thousand fully paying Rangers fans is different than doing the same for several hundred (if that) amateur supporters paying nothing.

Amateurs would be paying and the cost of the match covered by the the AAFA.

If the two Kilmarnock teams get to the final and its an all Kilmarnock tie I'm sure they would be disappointed having to travel when rugby park is on the doorstep.

Yes the community statement seems to be a tactic but I would imagine they will be in for criticism locally if it is an all Killie final.

On this occasion the AAFA have tried their best to make it happen but it seems it's not to be.

Archived