Aberdeen v Motherwell

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping that McInnes has kicked their arses for that performance last week and the players have unpacked their suitcases and realised it's not holiday time yet.

I'm still hoping for a 9-0 for McGhee to say that it's only 3 points but I fear I will wait in vain. Any win will do though. Looking forward to the pub more than the game though.

Not fussed if it's win or lose as long as someone kicks McGhee and/or Lasley in the pie.

I was hoping Barry Robson plays, McDonald elbows him in a SICKENING revenge attack, 22-man rammy, red cards, pious Hugh Keevins column in the paper the next day, Pat Nevin doing a trial-by-TV on his iPad on sportscene, big fines, bans, 35 page outrage thread on P&B - and a 6-5 win for 'Well.

Also - could be a total shiter. 

Whilst I'm more than aware that he has deficiencies, I seriously hope Taylor is fit to start this one. The thought of McDonald and Moult up against Reynolds and Considine, on current form, gives me the fear. 

I am obviously a Motherwell fan but Aberdeen are the best chance (however slim) that one of them won't win the league, so this hurts.

OK. 0-1. Sneaky small win to us, we'll our goal difference up elsewhere.

I am obviously a Motherwell fan but Aberdeen are the best chance (however slim) that one of them won't win the league, so this hurts. OK. 0-1. Sneaky small win to us, we'll our goal difference up elsewhere.

Celtic need three points from four games. There is absolutely no chance of them throwing it away now. 

Taylor and Rooney are back for this one, thank f*ck for that.

I think McGhee will wait till the county and St Johnstone games to start some of the younger lads meaning we'll have just about a full strength team.

1-1 draw

Would agree with this.  Wednesday night would have taken a fair bit out of them, so can't see any of them featuring (with the exception of Cadden).

Wouldn't mind seeing Allan Campbell get a wee run out in the final two games.  Playing alongside Lasley and/or Pearson for 90mins would be a great experience for him.  I thought he was fantastic on Wednesday night.

After the pathetic lack of effort last week, I'm all for making a host of changes for this week.

Accordingly, I would go: Collin; Logan, Taylor, Considine, Shinnie; Flood, Storie; Wright, Smith, Hayes; Rooney. After saying Collin couldn't be up to much if he couldn't dislodge Brown, Brown had a horror show last week. Jack had a poor one also, Niall McGinn was anonymous and Kenny McLean the same.

The players seem to mentally be on the beach. I'll settle for an improve performance and not thumping the ball long aimlessly for 90 minutes.

Reckon it will be 1-1, Rooney and McDonald swapping goals. Meh.

Rooney not going to make it - is the word on the street...maybe too early for him

Would like to think the U20's cup win has given everyone a boost inc senior squad.  

7 wins in 9 inc narrow defeat to Celtic. So we have some momentum, but need to play as we did v Hearts, probably better.  I expect a backlash from Aberdeen after the guff on display v St Johnstone.

I will go for 2-2 Moult and Marv for us

I'd imagine this would be much like the Celtic & Hearts games as far as line-up goes, fairly full strength team with the bench largely made up of the 20s. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pearson start and McDonald move back up top.

On a total tangent, anyone else raise their eyebrow in McGhee's pre-match interview, when he was asked about the pressure being off a bit with the top 6 finish, that he casually drops in he'd been speaking to a couple of the Thistle lads about us being top 6 and them not. In itself it's a fairly innocuous statement but I did wonder which Thistle lads he'd been speaking to. Maybe he just bumped into them on Byres Road.

Archived