Kilwinning's Chris Strain - embarrassing antics v Cumnock

joker1982

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.

We all say and do things in the heat of battle that we may have cause to regret when things cool down.

I had the pleasure to spend a little time in Chris's company after the 2nd leg of the Semi final he had a lot of interesting thoughts on the game and on the Buffs future - as well as wishing Beith all the best for the final - Chris will be a success at Kilwinning if he stays or wherever he goes should he move on.

Sounds like he was talking about the the possibility of leaving? At least it reads that way.

Another tight game between the pair but I still don't think we saw the best of the two teams in either game. From a Cumnock point of view I thought Del Esplin was the best player on the park.

Some great banter and I hope the Buffs get promoted alongside ourselves.

Lets hope Cumnock turn up against Talbot next week and don't gift them any silly goals like the previous two meetings this season.

Well done today comnock and best of luck next week.

By the way, someone want to tell out gaffer it's games a bogey and to get up the road!

Joker, it's no really him incase you go off on another one about him being an embarrassment lol!

belter  :lol:  :lol:

Another tight game between the pair but I still don't think we saw the best of the two teams in either game. From a Cumnock point of view I thought Del Esplin was the best player on the park.

Some great banter and I hope the Buffs get promoted alongside ourselves.

Lets hope Cumnock turn up against Talbot next week and don't gift them any silly goals like the previous two meetings this season.

Correct mate. 

Both sets of fans took the piss out of each other then left with a handshake, how it should be. 

Always harsh for anyone to go out on pens but felt we just about edged it overall.

About time we got a result against Talbot.....

Tbf to strain him and big John looked to be having a laugh today and he was gracious in defeat. Two good sides who hopefully go up with nock 1st , buffs 2nd of course and Largs 3rd. Good for Ayrshire juniors.

Aye i think he must have read this post  ;)

Lets give credit where it is due, Chris Strain had a good bit of banter etc with the Cumnock bench yesterday and ,although I personally didn't see it, I am reliably informed that he shook hands with all the Cumnock players and coaching staff at the end of the game.

On reflection he got involved in stuff on Wednesday by the actions of another guy who was/is in the dugout, think he may be an assistant or a player who is injured, as he was the one who started all the shit on Wednesday and was at it again yesterday by arguing with a Nock fan who is, normally, the type who likes a laugh and not prone to being nasty with other fans/players

Just a point,the buffs fans were united in condemning a Largs player for kicking their player. I witnessed their centre half try and decapitatate the Cumnock winger with a flying elbow that could have caused real damage! The Cumnock winger played the situation down but honestly I saw it as an assault as bad as I have seen in years of watching the juniors! Straight red card deservedly so but why are the club not condemning that behaviour? Maitland

should also have been sent off for continually fouling but all yous buffs fans say nowt about that?

• 3 weeks later...

At the Cumnock vs Kilwinning game last night this eejit didnt half embarrass himself and his club. Acting the hardman on the sidelines, screaming and hollering at the ref, then when the ref goes over to tell him to shut his big gub, he hides behind the dug-oot like the true little girl he is. I thought i'd seen it all but a grown man running behind the dugout and removing his hat so he wouldnt be recognised has defo took the biscuit. Hang your head and your red face in shame, Strain. Laughing stock.

Agree entirely. I attended the KIlwinning V Girvan cup match last night. I found Strains antics quite appalling. Warned by the linesman after only 20 minutes Strain continued  to harangue both the referee and far side linesman throughout the first half. Basically the bloke just couldn't keep his mouth shut. Sure, Buffs fans will say he is passionate etc etc however, when he verbally abuses an opposition player from the sidelines referring to him as a "fat c*nt" this goes way beyond the limits permitted. He even had a pop at a Buffs supporter midway through the 2nd half.

He has a good team at Kilwinning and,for all Kilwinning lost the match on penalties last night, they played with 10 men from the 40th minute and completely controlled this match. They were most unfortunate to go out on pens.

A touch of irony though when Strain, starting for probably the first time this season, stepped up to take his sides 3rd penalty. A poor penalty it was with Strain firing it directly at the keeper however, and to much astonishment, Strain was awarded a retake following the linesman (who Strain had abused throughout the match) spotting an infringement. Strain made no mistake with the retake and smashed it high into the back of the net.

If Kilwinning are to win promotion then Strain must learn to channel his "enthusiasm" accordingly as they will doubtless be in for some touch games in the top division.

There was actually a bizarre incident by him when Kilwinning played Kilsyth at duncansfield,in the end they beat u'd well that day 5-2 , it was a bit nip an tuck before then an the ball went out for a throw in right beside Chris an he started playing keep uppy with it then proceeded to blooter it away as hard as he could (think of the advert with Peter kay in it saying "have it" ) we all just looked at each other an burst out laughing, don't think the guys playing with a full deck to b honest, lol.

If he lived in your town you would consider him a local worthy.   Yes he's passionate at football, wears his heart on his sleeve and can't keep quiet on the sidelines ... so what, are there Brownie points for being demure and well-behaved.  He can be controversial but he's also inspirational with his players and encourages them to try harder constantly.   Against Girvan the other night he did his usual haranguing of the referee but on that occasion it had some justification as the man in black made so many poor decisions it was adding to the danger players face when studs- out challenges are made without being penalised.  The sending off of Isaac Kerr for a perfectly timed and legal tackle which won the ball in the penalty box was on the blind side of the overweight and can't keep up with play linesman and the ref was coming up behind the play as well and was badly sighted.   The Golden Rule is if you don't actually witness a foul then it didn't happen.  Your best guess is not evidence.   Chris Strain had to take to the field as a player and did well, until it came to the penalty kicks.  The Girvan keeper moved forward and sideways well before the kick was taken and saved it.  It wasn't the first time he had done that.  The referee gave the goal until he saw the lino on the goal-line holding his flag up.   He went over to talk to him and ordered a retake.  Chris Strain scored.   The keeper retrieved the ball and kicked it out of the ground and got a yellow card for that but got no yellow card for the several times he cheated by moving substantially before on the earlier penalties.   Girvan won the penalty-shoot out and good luck to them in their promotion.   Buffs are still in with a chance of topping the league, if that happens, what will the pundits say then about Strain Junior?

Archived