Young player of the year

Alright, I had no idea, was only joking about anyway. I thought you thought I was being sarcastic about McKay.

Apologies.

I know, I was only going to point out we played Brechin before that. 

Don't understand why Barrie McKay gets so much hype. Scored 2 or 3 great goals granted but he's never really stood out in that Sevco team.

Im with you on that.....rave reviews on English basedTalksport day after the old firm game from English presenters and Scottish reporters and altho he had a good game, he loses the ball and gives it away to cheaply a lot, no denying he has had a fantastic season but anytime Ive seen him play against us or on tv, Im not convinced

Tierney would be pick simply outstanding talent, also thot he was MOM in the old firm game, nothing got by him and he got forward, easily Celtics best player and biggest sellable asset, his talent defies his age

Just shows you though how poor the young talent is in the top flight these days when 3 championship players are on the list. And thats nothing against the 3 who are as they have all had excellent seasons.

Nah it doesn't.

Hibs and Rangers might be in the championship but they're Premier League clubs with big budgets, good players and good youth set ups.

The fact that they are also in a position where they can both probably field young guys and give them a chance as they are at a lower level. Although I don't think any of the 3 are in that category.

I think all 3 would've had great seasons even if they had played in the Premiership this year. Just look how well Hearts have done this season playing guys like McGhee/Patterson/Nicholson and Walker.

I agree but weve had some fantastic young players playing for us over the past few seasons as have other teams in the championship and yet they have never had a look in. Whilst those players you mention have had decent seasons few have stuck out on a consistant basis apart from tierney. Possibly walker may have had a shout if he hadnt been injured for a ling spell. Its nice of them to tealise the championship actually exists although im sure it will be back to normality next season if hibs join rangers in the top flight.

Young player ....Cummings and McGinn have had very good seasons. As I've said before Cummings only really plays central to left and therefore misses out on opportunities on his right side. ( watch Griffiths). Looking at previous posts about McKay. Firstly a wide player will give the ball away at times as it's the most prominent position to have to try and dribble past players, sometimes at least two , wide player and full back. Not true that he doesn't work back, he does. I've closely watched his long and short passing. Both very good. Excellent goals v Celtic and Hibs. I will be disappointed if he's not a full cap in the future.

Tierney is my choice only 18? Potentially has it all. Defends well. Has the ability, pace and skill to get down the flank and very very importantly has a great delivery into the box. Thoroughly deserved to be introduced into the full Sotland squad. Who knows but continual improvement could see him reach a very high level.

Name a better 18 year old playing in Scotland.

Tierney should win this, easily.

Think he's laughing at the fact PT said he could arguably be up for POTY never mind Young POTY.

Don't agree with it but don't think that's too much of a ridiculous thing to say tbh, not been too many standout performers in the Prem. Hemmings and Griffiths aside probably.

Tierney maybe broke on the scene a bit to late for it though.

Think he's laughing at the fact PT said he could arguably be up for POTY never mind Young POTY.

Don't agree with it but don't think that's too much of a ridiculous thing to say tbh, not been too many standout performers in the Prem. Hemmings and Griffiths aside probably.

Tierney maybe broke on the scene a bit to late for it though.

Aye I've read the post he quoted wrong

McKay has been given the chance to simply attack and not track back. He's looking far better now he's not having to do that. With that said, in the game I went to against Rangers at Starks both Mckeown and David Bates both kept him quiet. Fair play to the lad, as pretty much everyone had written him off.

Part of the improvement in McKay's game this season has been his covering back.  He brings the ball out of defence regularly and has built up a good rapport with Wallace and often covers for him when he goes on one of his runs.

Of course I'm biased but I'd say Wee Barrie has contributed a lot to our success this season and deserves the geegaw.

I never said Tierney was the best player btw. I said it could be argued that he has been the best player, which given he's been the best defender in the league this season and has been excellent means he's blatantly in the conversation.

Im with you on that.....rave reviews on English basedTalksport day after the old firm game from English presenters and Scottish reporters and altho he had a good game, he loses the ball and gives it away to cheaply a lot, no denying he has had a fantastic season but anytime Ive seen him play against us or on tv, Im not convinced

I thought he was excellent against us in the 3-2 game. Rangers looked a bit toothless when he was subbed off.

Archived