MOL Cup (Czech Cup final)

2bobbylinns

Hi folks. I was wondering if anyone has been to the Czech cup final before? We are heading to Prague for a stag on the 27th May and hoping that it falls on the weekend we are there. So far we can't find any details. Sparta are still to play their semi final.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The semis in the Pohár are two-legged and Sparta play Jablonec away tonight, which is a tough tie. To my knowledge, there is no date and venue set for the final as it is reflexive based on the results of this fixture. A word of warning - if Jablonec win their tie the final is unlikely to be held in Prague: three seasons ago Mladá Boleslav played Jablonec in Chomutov, a handier town for both sets of supporters, and last year's competition was also held outside of the capital. If Sparta make it to the final I'd expect the tie to happen at the Eden Arena, or maybe even the Doosan in Plzeň. Keep your eyes peeled after SF Leg two next Wednesday. 

Afraid Sparta have a tough test at the Generali next week after going down 2-0 away from home...

This is another decent campaign from Jablonec though, a small mining town with very limited footballing resources. Solid 7th in the league after last season's heroics which saw them narrowly miss out on the Europa League group stages by losing 1-0 on aggregate to Ajax. Ended up travelling there a couple of months ago to see Zbrojovka go down 3-0 to them, didn't enjoy the six hour trip back!

Archived