Cancellationwatch - Tue 26 Apr

HibeeJibee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lesser Hampden used to have a larger shed along the front of the farmhouse, with frame / bench seats inside, and 2 blocks in front and to the right. At some point a few years ago the shed was considerably truncated. Following the Commonwealth Games rebuild it was considerably altered, now sporting about 450 uncovered individual seats.

457936728_dbc6de6c7c_b.jpg

11289675.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

It was used by BSCG for a relocated South Challenge Cup tie v Lochar Thistle a few months ago. However that cup doesn't require a licensed ground.

I'm surprised the masses haven't been onto this. So what's the crack now then given you got into league on basis of sharing lochburn ?

The Juniors have had similar problems, Newky, so it would be hypocritical to comment on another's misfortune.... :rolleyes:  

I attended the BSC v Lochar cup game that was played at Lesser Hampden. I afterwards suggested on here that BSC should consider the reliable plastic there as a better home than the notoriously poor drainer at Maryhill. The answer was that it's not possible since Lesser Hampden isn't licensed.

So what's the venue for Tuesday 3rd May's last BSC home game of the season going to be? (vs University of Stirling, league fixture).

Kinda defeats the purpose of being called broomhill sports club if your gonna play on the south side

Happens a lot - Partick Thistle don't play in Partick ,Grimsby Town don't play in Grimsby and Bolton Wanderers don't play in Bolton.

I was just thinking where about in Glasgow they could play Lesser and Benburb both sprung to mind as their 3G which would be better in their situation, although Benburb doesn't have a roof either.

Happens a lot - Partick Thistle don't play in Partick ,Grimsby Town don't play in Grimsby and Bolton Wanderers don't play in Bolton.

I was just thinking where about in Glasgow they could play Lesser and Benburb both sprung to mind as their 3G which would be better in their situation, although Benburb doesn't have a roof either.

Yeah, get that mate. Gibraltar don't play in Gibraltar either.

However they are only a couple of years old as an adult side anyway, they are still building in terms of fan base, don't think it be wise for them to at the very least not play in the west end

Kick-off time is rather unorthodox, but they have already played home games at Lesser Hampden and East Kilbride this season.

Last season they again played their concluding home games at a variety of venues including East Kilbride and Galashiels, another long-haul, IIRC.

So sounds like they are not getting booted out of Maryhill's ground, because their tenancy agreement only runs to the normal end of the LL season given junior clubs often have to play three games in a week at this time of year to clear fixture backlogs.

So what's the venue for Tuesday 3rd May's last BSC home game of the season going to be? (vs University of Stirling, league fixture).

Bump.

SFA refs' appointment sheet says at Maryhill. It's the day before, and there's no other info anywhere else in internetland...

Archived