Cancellationwatch - Tue 26 Apr

HibeeJibee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's now 5pm on Saturday - at Dumfries.

D&G News piece on the circumstances:

http://www.dgnews-sport.co.uk/?art=4334&page=home&title=THREAVE%27S+LOWLAND+GAME+OFF+TONIGHT+-+SWITCHED+TO+SATURDAY

THE BSC Glasgow v Threave Rovers Lowland League match which was due to be played tonight has been postponed and will now be played on Saturday.

Both sides have agreed to play the match at Palmerston Park, Dumfries, on Saturday with a 5pm kick off.

A spokesman for BSC said they had left their ground at Maryhill, Glasgow, because of a dispute and he said that it had suited both teams to change the date and venue.

Threave Rovers were thrown out of the Lowland League Cup on Saturday after they failed to raise a team for their first round match against Cumbernauld Colts.

Is this sort of thing no just playing into the hands of the anti LL personnel ??

That's the first thing I thought about Broon , although both incidents could easily happen in any other league. I can mind Berwick getting locked out of Shielfield back in the early 90s for example.

Is this sort of thing no just playing into the hands of the anti LL personnel ??

You can't play a football match with no ground and one team (assuming the report is correct), but no point defending the indefensible. It's not good.

Hopefully no spectators, home away or neutral, were intending on taking in the match or - heaven forbid - actually turn-up to find nothing happening.

Whether or not it suited the teams, or was forced by circumstance, cancelling on the day can't be desirable.

There was no lock out at Maryhill, it was a decision taken by BSC.

I never said there was patches, I was just making a point that clubs can have disputes with landlords in all different leagues. It was just an example of a club and landlord being in dispute!

Don't know which is worse - the ground disagreement or Threave being booted out of a tournament for failing to raise a team....

Hope to god Saints get their licence shortly and relegate Threave an absolute red neck of a club. Also what if City do go up to the SPFL,leaving the LL with 14 teams,Saints get promoted to the LL,please tell me the LL won't hand Threave a reprieve to take the league to it's desired number of 16!!!

Hope to god Saints get their licence shortly and relegate Threave an absolute red neck of a club. Also what if City do go up to the SPFL,leaving the LL with 14 teams,Saints get promoted to the LL,please tell me the LL won't hand Threave a reprieve to take the league to it's desired number of 16!!!

If City went up the Shire would replace them.

Understand what youse are saying but at least bsc are fullfilling their fixtures and trying their hardest to get these last two games played if it was the middle of the season then that would have been a major problem but I'm pretty certain that the bsc guys are trying their hardest to get a venue for the coming season and I for one is pretty confident that they will accomplish that

Understand what youse are saying but at least bsc are fullfilling their fixtures and trying their hardest to get these last two games played if it was the middle of the season then that would have been a major problem but I'm pretty certain that the bsc guys are trying their hardest to get a venue for the coming season and I for one is pretty confident that they will accomplish that

Understand what you're saying but agree with the majority of posters as to how poorly this reflects on the lowland. Having said that, the highland league champs haven't played a 'home' game for over a year!

Archived