Partick Thistle vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Yep.  Jordan Roberts is the boy.  Always causes the opposition trouble, hopefully that's him starting every week now.  A great outlet in the Marley Watkins mold IMO.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup credit to ICT. A very good performance yesterday. Night and Day compared with Thistle :(

Who was the wee loon who ran on the park at shree nil? :lol:

Finally a decent league performance by us in Maryhill. The second half was probably the best football we've played all season, but I've also never seen a team chuck it the way Partick did after our second went in. The players just collectively looked like they couldn't be fucked, and you couldn't really blame half the north stand for walking out after Meekings scored. A bit surprising with games against Killie and Hamilton still to come.

Hughes continues to baffle, though. We've been hearing about the injury list all season, and obviously it must have had an effect on us, but what made the difference yesterday was the high pressing and the willingness to go direct on the counter attack, neither of which we have done for much of the season. It looked much more like last season's ICT yesterday. Having Jordan Roberts back and getting forward at pace to link with and support Storey was also important: his disappearance from the team over the past few weeks was mystifying, although it's now being said, I think, that he was injured. Whether or not that's true, hopefully Hughes now recognises his importance to the team and he stays in the side between now and the end of the season. If we can get our out-of-contract players re-signed and if Hughes does a better job with this transfers this window than he did last summer, then on the basis of yesterday I feel more optimistic about our chances for next season.

Yes. Glad to see Roberts back. Quality player and always a goal threat. How the departing Williams was getting a place in recent weeks in front of him seemed unfathomable. In a sense hope it was injury rather than disagreement.

No complaints about the score whatsoever: in actual fact it could and should have been more. We were absolutely abysmal and to be honest if Archibald doesn't read the riot act over the next week then we can reconcile ourself to once again sampling the delights of Kircaldy and Dumfries!

We might be visiting Kirkcaldy sooner than next season...

Watched the goals back, second one could go down as an OG from Scully.

First 5 minutes was OK but I fear for us if we go behind next week.

We might be visiting Kirkcaldy sooner than next season...

Watched the goals back, second one could go down as an OG from Scully.

First 5 minutes was OK but I fear for us if we go behind next week.

Aye, I was sitting directly in line with the shot and I didn't think it was on target till scully touched it.

I'd have to echo what other people have said about our performance, one of the best of the season.  Solid at the back (obligatory softr goal aside), controlling in midfield and pacey on the break.  A fantastic goal by Tremarco set us on our way, he's improved a lot this season and while he's no Shinnie (who is?) he's an asset from left back.  Mutumbo had a good game and appears to have settled into Scotland after a poor start to his time with us.  He might actually be worth a wee contract offer.  Roberts was impressive, he's so strong on and off the ball.  It's sad that if we'd shown this form a few games earlier we'd be in the top six but given we've been poor against bottom six teams this season it's heartening to get two solid wins in two over sides around us.

Good to meet Fuctifano in the pub afterwards, although I can't really remember what I said other than complaining about the REM gig he sold my friend a ticket for 12 years ago.  

And a special mention to the pitch invader, who ran down the stairs and leapt from the roof of the disabled enclosure onto the pitch, an outstanding effort.  Hopefully the lads ankle isn't too badly damaged.

Archived