Window 10 rollback to Windows 7 - HELP

Upgraded to Windows 10, all seemed well but couldn't cope with the issues with flash player so decided to roll back to Windows 7. Unfortunately now mouse and keyboard (both USB) are unresponsive when win 7 has loaded, obviously this means I can't do anything as I cant get past login screen. Tried using other USB ports, same problem, tried safe mode, same problem, they are showing up and working in BIOS but nothing else, I have tried system restore, not helped, I have the Windows 7 disc but nothing else. Last thing I want to do is reinstall Windows 7 from scratch as presumably this would cause data loss ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sadly when I did this it completely fucked my computer. Couldn't get windows to start and the start up repair was shite as usual. Had to reset my laptop to factory settings

Upgraded to Windows 10, all seemed well but couldn't cope with the issues with flash player so decided to roll back to Windows 7. Unfortunately now mouse and keyboard (both USB) are unresponsive when win 7 has loaded, obviously this means I can't do anything as I cant get past login screen. Tried using other USB ports, same problem, tried safe mode, same problem, they are showing up and working in BIOS but nothing else, I have tried system restore, not helped, I have the Windows 7 disc but nothing else. Last thing I want to do is reinstall Windows 7 from scratch as presumably this would cause data loss ?

Any help would be appreciated.

try this >>> http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Windows-7&faq=22

Can you hook it up to another computer via the Ethernet port and back up your data? Alternatively whip out the disk and sit it in a caddy attached to another machine and back up from there. Then reinstall the disk and either restore factory settings or reformat and do a clean install of Windows.

Not I hope being sanctimonious, but it is always a plan to back up before any major system change!

Either do as above and use a hard drive caddy to get your data off the drive or download something like Knoppix and burn a CD and boot from that. Definitely back up before fiddling around.

It may be the problem is your USB ports are USB 3.0 standard, which Windows 7 doesn't support out-of-the-box, although there are drivers available. Are your new mouse and keyboard USB 3.0 only? Can you get hold of older ones. The ports should be backward compatible to USB 2.0 which is supported by 7.

Archived