Billions

Ira Gaines

Searched for a topic on this. Anyone else seen this or started watching it?

Lots of stuff in the first part of the first episode that had me thinking "lolwut" but then once they started getting into the meat of the story, things improved. Onto episode five now and it's going along very nicely.

Starts on Sky Atlantic on May 12th.

BaSeDG0DSA1NT, on 25 Apr 2016 - 08:22, said:

Yeah I have seen it advertised on SA a few times now and really like the look of it, it has the guy from Homeland who looks like he plays a good character in Billions.

I will be giving it a go when its on SA

Cracking character, with Paul Giamatti as the other lead. Some great support in there as well. Especially David Costabile, the ever reliable TV superstar!

• 3 weeks later...

The final scene with Giamati and Lewis was absolutely magnificent.

Brilliant programme filled with nuances and shades of grey in almost every main character with no one being squeaky clean and no one being baws oot evil. Makes for good viewing, and offers up a huge number of possibilities for the second season. Really looking forward to that.

J_Stewart, on 17 May 2016 - 20:19, said:

The final scene with Giamati and Lewis was absolutely magnificent.

This. The tension was insane, and the pure seethe both guys were generating while trying to play cool made the whole thing near uncomfortable to watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished it last night, cracking series. As said above the final scene with Lewis and Giamati was amazing. 2 very talented actors.

Loved that sky just gave you the whole series straight away... now to wait for series 2.

• 2 months later...

I finished this earlier in the week. It was okay. There were two or three very good episodes right in the middle of the season but it tailed off badly I thought. I think it will have a really poor second season (it just feels like one of those shows that will run out of steam completely).

• 8 months later...

I've actually just binge watched S1. Absolutely love it.

My wife is 7months pregnant and keeps falling asleep through episodes and it's doing my chookies in. I just want to keep watching but she won't have it.

Recorded the first episode and got as far as the first financial discussion with the two guys in the brightly lit corridor. Didn't follow a word of what they were on about and gave up.

I'd been looking forward to it, but f that chat was a sign of things to come I had to bale out.

On 12/05/2017 at 20:23, J_Stewart said:

Amazed there isn't more chat about this. Just finished the second season and thought it was brilliant. Any scene with just Chuck and Ax is absolutely must-see stuff.

You can feel the hatred between them in every scene they're in together.

Thought the new characters were a bit hit and miss. Dake was just absolutely shite. Really liked Taylor and Dr. Gus though.