Do You Follow Any Junior Clubs As Well?

Gary

As well as supporting your main teams, do you keep half an eye out for any junior clubs results? Since we played in The Brewers cup in July, i have been keeping an eye out for Annan Athletics results as thats a tidly little club. Always keep an eye out for Gala Fairydean too.

For some reason I always want Sauchie to win,although I've never been to there stadium and they are in scum land.I also look out for Boness United(my mate plays for them-David Muirhead-ex-East Stirling and Montrose player) and Bannockbun Ameaturs(to see if Davie Ross is still scoring).

For some reason I always want Sauchie to win,although I've never been to there stadium and they are in scum land.I also look out for Boness United(my mate plays for them-David Muirhead-ex-East Stirling and Montrose player) and Bannockbun Ameaturs(to see if Davie Ross is still scoring).

:o:o

i look out for their results as well.

Guest Links Park Lurker

I always look out for Montrose Roselea's score and see they are top of the Tayside juniors Premier division at the moment. I have promised my son that I will take him to watch the 'Lea if the Mo are playing away from home. Sometimes look out for the score in the Aberdeen junior leagues to see how ex-Montrose players such as Gerry O'Driscoll are getting on.

By the way MIF David Muirhead was the perfect example of how John Sheran ruined the career of many promising youg players.

Sometimes look out for the score in the Aberdeen junior leagues to see how ex-Montrose players such as Gerry O'Driscoll are getting on.

Jerry O'Driscoll's now playing in the Highland League with Huntly.

I follow Thornton Hibs (from Fife, as I'm sure I mentioned a while back in the Div 3 forum)

I would agree with that Links Parker,but Dav should have stuck it out!He took the easy option as he wasn't bothered about cash,he just wanted first team football again.He's scored quite a few goals for them,although most have been penalties.I'm sure he'll appear back in senior football one day. <_<

Always keep an eye out for Gala Fairydean too.

com'on the dean, the whole of my family is from gala(except me) so we kind of follow them and ma dad played with john collins when collins was younger, alot younger, and played for the fairydean and the hotspur

just dont let any of the binos see me writing this :unsure:

I watch a number of junior sides when Montrose are away from home. These include Stonehaven where ex Montrose players Martin Shand, Andy Hutcheon and mate Stuart Robertson ply their trade. Also follow the results of Culter who are flying with 10 wins out of 10 so far in the league.

Liked David Muirhead as a player but was forced out like a number of promising players.

Usually do the rounds when our season is finished. Good thing about the juniors is their season seems to go on for an extra month.

Mostly end up at Hill of Beath Haws, Kelty Hearts or Lochore. Don't really support any of them but it is always some where to see a game.

Have on occassion done the groundhopper bit and went to a few places further afield to see a new ground ie Linlithgow, Bo'ness , Tayport.

Always like watching the Junior Cup final to see how many ex seniors are playing!

Thinks you could have had a Montrose old boys XI out of the Tayport side last season.

• 3 weeks later...
As well as supporting your main teams, do you keep half an eye out for any junior clubs results? Since we played in The Brewers cup in July, i have been keeping an eye out for Annan Athletics results as thats a tidly little club. Always keep an eye out for Gala Fairydean too.

It was a committee member of Annan Athletic who won £4.4m on the lottery last week. Some suggestion now that he may build them the stand they've long wanted and possibly instal floodlights.

Look for big progress down Annan way now.

By the way, sorry to be pedantic Gary, but neither Annan Athletic nor Gala Fairydean are Junior clubs. They play in the East of Scotland League which is a Senior league. Hence the reason why they play in the Scottish Cup.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't follow any junior clubs as there weren't any in the South West when I was growing up. In the seniors I looked out for Tarff Rovers scores until this season and went and saw them against Montrose in the Scottish a couple of years ago. Sadly they haven't been able to field a team this season.

• 2 weeks later...
I LIKE TO SEE LARKHALL THISTLE AND STONEHOUSE VIOLET DOING WELL.

AND POLLOK TOO.

Larky Thistle and Royal Albert are the pride of South Lanarkshire, but the Violet oh dear.

Accies and the Violet,your house can't be much fun

Archived