Ayr vs Airdrie

Well that was shite. However the result didn't change anything.

So are Adams, murphy and graham injured?

I don't understand why trouten keeps getting full games. By far our worst player recently

He'll get drapt on Tuesday

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really have an utterly embarrassing support at teams, complaining about team selections and subs. We are quite clearly looking towards Tuesday, today didn't matter whatsoever.

Found it baffling that your support didn't get behind the team today.

We really have an utterly embarrassing support at teams, complaining about team selections and subs. We are quite clearly looking towards Tuesday, today didn't matter whatsoever.

Today might not have mattered in where we ended up in the league, but guys paid good money to see their team and expected at least a bit of effort and the odd shot at goal. You would have thought that some of the fringe players might have tried to secure a place in the team but they didn't grab the opportunity at all. Very, very poor today.

Training session at best. Pain in the arse game. It's ALL about Tuesday. Nothing else. I would not have cared if we got beat 30-0 today as long as they do the business in the playoffs. Lest get behind the team and drag us out of this god forsaken league

Conceding an early goal killed us as we already looked like we couldn't be arsed, a lot of ball watching at the first goal and the second was a lucky break of the ball, other than that I don't think either keeper had a save to make till Airdries 3rd late on.

We have won games and played well with Preston and Moore up front together so I'm not sure why McCall keeps changing it, Crawford played well and Gilmour when he came on but the rest were miles off the pace. 

Conceding an early goal killed us as we already looked like we couldn't be arsed, a lot of ball watching at the first goal and the second was a lucky break of the ball, other than that I don't think either keeper had a save to make till Airdries 3rd late on.

We have won games and played well with Preston and Moore up front together so I'm not sure why McCall keeps changing it, Crawford played well and Gilmour when he came on but the rest were miles off the pace.

I'm sorry but Gilmour's passing was hugely disappointing today and that's his main strength! That said I would probably still play him on Tuesday as well as Stevenson. Forrest, Crawford and Trouten can warm the bench.

Should normally be considered a meaningless game but today mattered for the considerable number of fringe players who are close to selection and could have forced their way in. Also the players coming back from injury who need to regain their fitness for the play offs. Our form and team selections are still nowhere good enough compared to earlier in the season and today gave us a chance to work on it. Let's hope your blind loyalty is correct and we come good on Tuesday. Today I left the game confused by McCalls tinkering and will need a quantum leap in performance on Tuesday to take anything.

Should normally be considered a meaningless game but today mattered for the considerable number of fringe players who are close to selection and could have forced their way in. Also the players coming back from injury who need to regain their fitness for the play offs. Our form and team selections are still nowhere good enough compared to earlier in the season and today gave us a chance to work on it. Let's hope your blind loyalty is correct and we come good on Tuesday. Today I left the game confused by McCalls tinkering and will need a quantum leap in performance on Tuesday to take anything.

Agree with most of this but McCall was always on a loser today with team selections, he wouldn't please everyone. Fully believe the performance on Tuesday will be totally different.

Dire from Ayr's perspective. Airdrie wanted it more right from the start.

Again Forrest did nothing to make me doubt my opinion that he is overrated. Stevo again got out jumped by a player a good 3 inches smaller than him.

At half time I walked past an Ayr fan and he punched the wall :lol:

I don't or really have full faith in Flemming. I really hate how long he takes to get rid of the ball at times

How is not caring about today's game blind loyalty. What a ridiculous thing to say. Though probably complained by the fact you're confused with McCall wanting to keep players fresh for a game that actually mattered!

Dire from Ayr's perspective. Airdrie wanted it more right from the start.

Again Forrest did nothing to make me doubt my opinion that he is overrated. Stevo again got out jumped by a player a good 3 inches smaller than him.

At half time I walked past an Ayr fan and he punched the wall :lol:

I don't or really have full faith in Flemming. I really hate how long he takes to get rid of the ball at times

Forrest is only 19 I think which means he isn't going to be consistent and in a game with no real meaning for Ayr he wasn't really going to be at his best, the same goes for every player that played today. They are all looking towards Tuesday night and were simply trying to avoid suspension or injury. On his day Forrest is a very good player.

Stevo is shit just now. But is capable of scoring some absolute belters.

My hand hurts.

Fleming is okay but is reluctant to leave his line. Wouldn't really blame him for todays goals but is more down to the fact that he had a defender that can only kick the ball in one direction, and thats in front of him. His distribution is shit unlike Murphy who can launch quick counter attacks to Moore or Preston.

Not concerned for the Peterhead game but we need to make the most of McAllister being out as he bangs them in for fun.

If that is your first choice back line then you've no chance. You cant turn form on and off like a tap either so I would doubt you will get promoted- which will be funny.

Ayr were missing their first choice centre half, we played brilliant today but in fairness Ayr finished 2nd and I think any team that finished should be promoted.

Ayr were missing their first choice centre half, we played brilliant today but in fairness Ayr finished 2nd and I think any team that finished should be promoted.

Our two first choice centre backs. Gerry is a back up and McCrorie is more of a midfielder IMO.

Archived