Ayr vs Airdrie

Maybe. But then there is some optimism around the club at the moment. The new owners seem to be wanting to, at least, push on and try something different. Going full time with mostly youngsters could be a disaster but at least they are trying it.

I have no issue with ayr fans optimism. Just think it will be funny (especially due to some of the comments earlier in the thread like "hope we can keep airdrie down in the seaside league where they belong")

Don't take it personally, pal. Airdrie don't like Ayr and Ayr don't like Airdrie. Lots of recent history between the two teams, mostly negative. Play off defeats on both sides, Bill Barr, section b v ASC, double denim man, etc etc.

Truth is, I'd like to be in the championship along with Airdrie, but as both cannot go up this season, then may you rot in the dearth of the 1st division for one more season. Would make a good playoff final again, though 😀

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe. But then there is some optimism around the club at the moment. The new owners seem to be wanting to, at least, push on and try something different. Going full time with mostly youngsters could be a disaster but at least they are trying it.

I have no issue with ayr fans optimism. Just think it will be funny (especially due to some of the comments earlier in the thread like "hope we can keep airdrie down in the seaside league where they belong")

Who said that? Be specific.

Don't take it personally, pal. Airdrie don't like Ayr and Ayr don't like Airdrie. Lots of recent history between the two teams, mostly negative. Play off defeats on both sides, Bill Barr, section b v ASC, double denim man, etc etc.

Truth is, I'd like to be in the championship along with Airdrie, but as both cannot go up this season, then may you rot in the dearth of the 1st division for one more season. Would make a good playoff final again, though 😀

Was that the big guy with the moustache? I remember him :lol:

Well yes. I would take games against ayr over the likes of dumbarton every day of the week

Am I the only Ayr fan with a soft spot for Airdrie? Always enjoy the games between the two sides and hope you guys get sorted and get promoted next season.

I don't mind any of the teams we have a wee bit of a beef with, I prefer wins over Airdrie, Partick, Morton and Killie but I reserve my bad feelings for the ugly sisters.

Am I the only Ayr fan with a soft spot for Airdrie? Always enjoy the games between the two sides and hope you guys get sorted and get promoted next season.

no! proper club. classic strip, edgy support, great wee ground but they lost that and the very soul was ripped from them and they zombied around for years venting their tortured souls at the crossbars and badge of Ayr United. Some spirit though they just don't seem to die. As an aside getting that programme wrong was absolutely amazing. Respect for the airdrie's. One of the few clubs that make me feel better about the last decade of supporting Ayr

no! proper club. classic strip, edgy support, great wee ground but they lost that and the very soul was ripped from them and they zombied around for years venting their tortured souls at the crossbars and badge of Ayr United. Some spirit though they just don't seem to die. As an aside getting that programme wrong was absolutely amazing. Respect for the airdrie's. One of the few clubs that make me feel better about the last decade of supporting Ayr

Respect bruv 👊

Well daid Sir!!!

Haha, I had forgot about the steward punching incident. There will no doubt be higher numbers of away fans for this game. Make or break for the diamonds. Wonder if the stewards will be mob handed tomorrow behind the goals, bit of pavement dancing and then a few slaps. Propa naughty stuff, I reckon.

Was funny as f**k the last time, it has to be said. Not that I would ever condone violence of any nature.

Haha, I had forgot about the steward punching incident. There will no doubt be higher numbers of away fans for this game. Make or break for the diamonds. Wonder if the stewards will be mob handed tomorrow behind the goals, bit of pavement dancing and then a few slaps. Propa naughty stuff, I reckon.

Was funny as f**k the last time, it has to be said. Not that I would ever condone violence of any nature.

Only pavement dancing is from you Ayr c***s 77 #snappedbar

I don't have a soft spot for them, I don't hate them as much as I did in the McDonald era where the whole team was scum to a man, in fact, I don't hate them at all now

Archived