Ayr vs Airdrie

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCall won't rest too many, if any players. He'll want to continue the momentum. Airdrie got a good result against Dunfermline on Saturday, however they've not kicked a ball in a few weeks. Airdrie have to go for it and I reckon we'll pick them off. 3-0 Ayr, Preston, Moore and McCrorie all scoring.

Going for another 4-0 again this week to keep the run going into the playoffs. Preston and Donald to score with Moore grabbing another brace. Think McCall will rest the likes of Stevo, Trouts, Gilly and Adams as they haven't played for a bit and we need everyone fresh for the playoffs.

Team might look like this

Fleming

Devlin

Graham

Murphy

Boyle

Forrest

Docherty

McCrorie

Donald

Moore

Preston

Going for another 4-0 again this week to keep the run going into the playoffs. Preston and Donald to score with Moore grabbing another brace. Think McCall will rest the likes of Stevo, Trouts, Gilly and Adams as they haven't played for a bit and we need everyone fresh for the playoffs.

Team might look like this

Fleming

Devlin

Graham

Murphy

Boyle

Forrest

Docherty

McCrorie

Donald

Moore

Preston

Murphy is suspended I think.

Murphy is suspended I think.

Oh yeah, forgot it took 14 days for the ban to take effect. Looks like it will be Gerry or maybe even McCracken if McCall wants to experiment with the squad.

I would rest a few, and get the injured guys some game time. Give Adams 45 minutes and Gilmour 60. preston and Moore have to start in the play offs but give Stevenson some game time in this one.

Fleming

Devlin

Gerry

Graham

Boyle

Forrest

Adams

Gilmour

Donald

Stevenson

Preston

Depending on the Peterhead score, Mcrorie for Adams, and Wardrope for Gilmour. Give Trouten half hour too if he's fit.

Hopefully another comfortable win for Ayr. Would be great to stop them getting the play off place.

I'm going for 4-1 Ayr. Preston with two, Moore with one and stevo off the bench for a late screamer.

Would also like to see the airdrie fans have a fight with the stewards again. Was quite amusing last time

Not sure Ayr playing their first 11 is particularly smart. Winning the play-offs means playing 4 games in 11/12 days, add another game 3 days before that and it's a pretty hefty schedule at the end of the season. I've seen us fall short in the play-offs before by just looking totally spent, infact losing to Ayr in the final is the best example of that, we had nothing left by the 2nd leg after having a tough, hard fought run-in just trying to avoid automatic relegation. As soon as Stevenson scored in the final it was game over. Obviously I would say all this anyway in the hope that you'll send out your Under 20s, but I do actually think it's true.

Playing a few fringe players desperate for a start in the play-offs might also be more effective than a bunch of players wanting to avoid injuries anyway. I'd assume McCall will change 3 or 4 around.

Like I said on the other thread, really not bothered by the outcome, it's a joke that a side as bad as we've been can still get promoted going into the last game, so anything we get is a complete bonus.

Ayr to consign Airdrie to another season in the seaside league. Bucket and spade anyone?

But seriously, this game could go 3-0 to either side and anything in between.

I like an Airdrie that is doing well as they take a reasonable away support with them.

You know what usually happens is Airdrie make the play off finals, lose...then another team goes tits up and Airdrie get promoted anyway

I'd be fine with that as long as they lose to Ayr in the final :)

You know what usually happens is Airdrie make the play off finals, lose...then another team goes tits up and Airdrie get promoted anyway

I'd be fine with that as long as they lose to Ayr in the final :)

Does that not mean Ayr would have to go tits up?

Archived