Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

I' m getting on a bit, so my memory is not what it used to be but am I correct in thinking Thompson attended at least one Derby at Dens where he sat in the Shankly? Anyone remember if he gave a reason for doing so? If I'm correct in thinking this was the case what are the chances of Thompson sitting with his fans for this one? There should be plenty of free seats for him to choose from after all.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't that Dundee's plan during the Bonetti years as well? Not being facetious, I just vaguely remember the strategy was similar, to sell a player for about Â£2 million each year to cover operational losses. Didn't work though, obviously.

Wouldn't disagree with that - there's been lots of idiots who think they know what they are doing - still doesn't work

Really hope United win this, it'd be hilarious.

If they pulled out a 5-0 win, that would be glorious.

In the unlikely event we win I want it to be blatantly offside goal in the 96th minute after the ref had only allowed three additional minutes of time and after Dundee had hit the woodwork four times, had two perfectly good goals chopped off and been denied a stonewall penalty.

If we lose, it will sting a little, but it won't sully the night of celebrations because United are going down.

Well, yes. If it doesn't happen this weekend, either because we win or because Hamilton win, it's just a stay of execution.

Surely not. Just when the team needs all the support they can get!

Exactly...Stephen Thompson running away from his club at there moment of need is cowardly and despicable.......imagine there supporters did that 🤔🤔... oh wait a minute..#derbytickets

Archived