Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? Funny how that wasn't mentioned at the time and it was dubbed "the relegation derby".General point still stands, though. We follow through thick and thin; you don't.
I don't think it was dubbed that, mate. I think you might be making that up. And you averaged about 2,500 at Dens in the mid '90s, so stop blethering shite.
Couldn't get relegated that day so hardly applies - circa 4000 Dundee fans there. Smallest Dundee support was the Dee4Life boycott (ill advised) during first admin season - were over 2500 Dundee fans there. The Juan-two-three derby there were less than 2000 United fans in attendance - that's the low modern day away derby attendance record which looks like getting broken on Monday.
There were only 1000 or so Dundee fans at the boycott derby. And 2500 at the aforementioned game.

His mistake being that he ran the club to make a large (massive this year) operating loss on the basis that he could sell a 'golden child' each season? - totally unsustainable business model?

Wasn't that Dundee's plan during the Bonetti years as well? Not being facetious, I just vaguely remember the strategy was similar, to sell a player for about Â£2 million each year to cover operational losses. Didn't work though, obviously.

Wasn't that Dundee's plan during the Bonetti years as well? Not being facetious, I just vaguely remember the strategy was similar, to sell a player for about £2 million each year to cover operational losses. Didn't work though, obviously.

That's the past, obviously. You're in the shitter now, so take the slagging with decorum.

Wasn't that Dundee's plan during the Bonetti years as well? Not being facetious, I just vaguely remember the strategy was similar, to sell a player for about £2 million each year to cover operational losses. Didn't work though, obviously.

No it didn't. Didn't help that the prime asset got halved in an act of thuggery, but whatever plan b was it wasn't up to much.

Next season is going to be a shock for you dabs. Sitting in Tannadice on a freezing winters afternoon, stands empty, atmosphere gone, hands numb, face agony, watching your team play out a goalless draw against Morton as the sleet lashes down and darkness descends. The only warmth you'll have is the memory of the past like a pissed stained tramp.

Next season is going to be a shock for you dabs. Sitting in Tannadice on a freezing winters afternoon, stands empty, atmosphere gone, hands numb, face agony, watching your team play out a goalless draw against Morton as the sleet lashes down and darkness descends. The only warmth you'll have is the memory of the past like a pissed stained tramp.

^^^ years of experience

They're still greeting about that. Would have all worked out lovely jubly had the Argentine wolf boy not been massacred by Jason De Vos (even though it wasn't De Vos).

Pretty low, this remark. Shouldn't be surprised though.

They're still greeting about that. Would have all worked out lovely jubly had the Argentine wolf boy not been massacred by Jason De Vos (even though it wasn't De Vos).

Was sitting right in front of it that night, it was De Vos and some no mark named McDonald I think, they came in from both sides. Shitebaggery of the highest order

Was sitting right in front of it that night, it was De Vos and some no mark named McDonald I think, they came in from both sides. Shitebaggery of the highest order

Correct Mcdonald teed him up for De Vos to banjo.

Archived