Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The applause/silence bit absolutely sickens me.

No thank you

Fair do's. In any given season this happens frequently. With very rare exceptions the paying supporters are never acknowledged by their respective teams when they die.

I have sat at Dens and on Derby visits at Tannadice and with advancing years remembered mates of both persuasions now no longer around.

I just happen to think this would show a bit of class from both teams.

Relax, it's not going to happen. Better to only do it for some distant director who was on a personal vanity trip instead eh ?

Fair do's. In any given season this happens frequently. With very rare exceptions the paying supporters are never acknowledged by their respective teams when they die.

I have sat at Dens and on Derby visits at Tannadice and with advancing years remembered mates of both persuasions now no longer around.

I just happen to think this would show a bit of class from both teams.

Relax, it's not going to happen. Better to only do it for some distant director who was on a personal vanity trip instead eh ?

You didn't mention in your previous post that the applause would be for supporters who had died but I knew what you meant as you'd mentioned it before, but f**k that, it's a non-starter. Where would you draw the line? Fans of Utd that are season ticket holders, ones that attend 20+ games a season, ones that go to more than 1 game a season, ones that say they are Utd fans? It's a mental idea.

If I snuffed it and found out in the afterlife that dabs had been applauding my passing, I would be seething in my grave.

You didn't mention in your previous post that the applause would be for supporters who had died but I knew what you meant as you'd mentioned it before, but f**k that, it's a non-starter. Where would you draw the line? Fans of Utd that are season ticket holders, ones that attend 20+ games a season, ones that go to more than 1 game a season, ones that say they are Utd fans? It's a mental idea.

If I snuffed it and found out in the afterlife that dabs had been applauding my passing, I would be seething in my grave.

Make sure you keep us up to date with any diagnosis of terminal illnesses.

PS there is no afterlife - when you're dead you're dead.

Make sure you keep us up to date with any diagnosis of terminal illnesses.

PS there is no afterlife - when you're dead you're dead.

I've had a rethink - we should wildly applaud when any dabs die and boo when any are born.

I've had a rethink - we should wildly applaud when any dabs die and boo when any are born.

Like religion, being a football supporter is elective. Fans of clubs aren't born as such. I may switch to being a Dee on my deathbed just so it's one of you c***s that's dying. :lol:

Like religion, being a football supporter is elective. Fans of clubs aren't born as such. I may switch to being a Dee on my deathbed just so it's one of you c***s that's dying. :lol:

I was born a Dee and will die a Dee.

Thank you.

I doubt if Beautiful Sunday will be played the next time we're at Tannadice. Have we spoiled that song for them?

Not really. It was a clever twist. To really spoil a song, it has to be connected to one of the bigot brothers.

For Example:

Come On Over to My Place - The Drifters

Simply the Best - Tina Turner

It's a Heartache - Bonnie Tyler

Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode (I still enjoy the Saturdays version tbh)

Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode (I still enjoy the Saturdays version tbh)

That was a great Edinburgh Capitals chant before Celtic ruined it. Much as Aberdeen ruined the Caps chant for Scott MacKenzie by singing their Peter Pawlett one to the same tune.

Newly born children are incapable of deductive reasoning.

So maybe you're correct. :lol:

Hold on, so you chose to support a team playing in those horrendous colours?

Newly born children are incapable of deductive reasoning.

So maybe you're correct. :lol:

My 5 month old is definitely a Dee. Told him on Tuesday morning that United were relegated at Dens and he laughed.

Don't think Dundee Hibs played in tangerine.

Aye right enough. Were Dundee Hibs even formed back then? Was fitba even invented?

My 5 month old is definitely a Dee. Told him on Tuesday morning that United were relegated at Dens and he laughed.

post-25521-0-87850500-1462448895_thumb.j

Hold on, so you chose to support a team playing in those horrendous colours?

Yeah, the dayglo banter is pish. I would have chosen United regardless of their colours. As it is, when I started supporting them they wore Black and White.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who laughs at you Kid.

Yeah, the dayglo banter is pish. I would have chosen United regardless of their colours. As it is, when I started supporting them they wore Black and White.

Typical DAB - never went to the games.

The strips were tangerine, your TV was black and white.

Archived