Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon Murray clearly isn't good enough for this level although tbf he seemed one of the few with the stomach for the fight. Lichtie1888 needs to stop wanking over him as its getting embarrassing now.

Wighton as well, he's not particularly great either. Did well for the goal even if it was utterly horrific defending, you could see what was happening a mile off.

wow I agree :P:blink:

Wighton turns 19 soon, hes hardly young anymore, in footballing terms. Really needs to bulk up as hes soft as shite.

Anyway. United :lol:

Thought Wighton was excellent tonight and showed why he needs to play more. Excellent talent

Goal aside he was absolutely mince, not that he'll care because he's scored a goal that'll be remembered forever and his overall performance will be forgotten by next week.

Obviously he's still young and has plenty of time to improve so maybe he will turn out to be good enough for the top flight one day despite not being good enough for the Championship now, but I can see Wighton still being at Dundee when he's 28 despite never hitting double figures in a season and not being good enough for the top flight due to the fans threatening a boycott because he scored a goal when he was 18 every time various management teams try to bin him.

Anyway, has anyone checked on Mixu this morning? Is he floating in a sea of John Rankin's tears?

Goal aside he was absolutely mince, not that he'll care because he's scored a goal that'll be remembered forever and his overall performance will be forgotten by next week.

Obviously he's still young and has plenty of time to improve so maybe he will turn out to be good enough for the top flight one day despite not being good enough for the Championship now, but I can see Wighton still being at Dundee when he's 28 despite never hitting double figures in a season and not being good enough for the top flight due to the fans threatening a boycott because he scored a goal when he was 18 every time various management teams try to bin him.

Anyway, has anyone checked on Mixu this morning? Is he floating in a sea of John Rankin's tears?

Mixu Paatelainen:

"I want to stay. I'm desperate to rebuild this team and make it a winning team."

Oh, Mixu :(

Whats his position? He was playing up front which is his position no?

He was playing on the left wing. Prefers to play inside as a number 10.

Doesn't seem a drastic difference but I think it is noticeable that it's not really playing to his strengths as he can find it hard to get himself involved in the game.

I'd say that he is doing fine though. He's bulked up a good bit on a year ago and putting in a lot more in the way of challenges and that. Gradually getting more and more game time so just got to keep his head down and working away. His profile being ridiculously boosted from a young age and Bomber trying to play him at 15 has done no favours but I think the spell at Raith has given him a good taste of football away and also made our own fans expectations of him more realistic.

I know RandomGuy is taking the piss a bit with the whole 19 not being young thing but every player develops differently and I'm not seeing anything catastrophic to worry about. I'm happy he's not come back from Raith mentally destroyed and managed to make a contribution in a few games since coming back.

That goal could have been a curse but hopefully, it acts as a good confidence boost to go into pre-season with.

Ludo I just watched the spfl video and I have to say I didn't think it was dubbed over. I heard the mighty roars of the Dees. If only Dundee had set up a go pro pointing at the Derry for the winner. The scenes would have been unreal. They could have called it "Derry Cam."

Yeah - you can clearly hear a few of the songs, but during the goals, it sounded very generic to me.

That summed up our season. Completely shite, and shat it too. Only Rankin and Murray had the stomach for the fight, and they simply weren't good enough. Paton trying to act the hard man when he had been hiding all night was embarrassing and disgraceful in equal measure.

Genuinely amazed that there were no reds - Dixon and Stewart could have gone for their horrendous tackles on each other (especially when it's Collum), although you could argue Stewart's was just evening it out after Dixon's shocker, Paton should have gone for his, Kawashima and Hemmings could both have gone (still not sure how Hemmings didn't even get booked there), and there were various other possible yellow/2nd yellow situations, the overwhelming majority for us. I fucking hate when players ignore the ball and just go for the man, regardless of the situation, and some of our challenges were disgusting.

Dillon should have gone for crimes against football - who the f*ck decided to leave him 1v1 against Hemmings? Not once, but twice, both leading to goals.

Fair play to the Dees who dished out the punishment at just the appropriate level. Even when we scored, I only let out a defeated-sort of cheer - you just knew it wouldn't last, especially when we decided to bring on Dow AND Erskine.

We're down (finally), we'll be gone for a while, hope you all enjoy yourselves reveling in the misery. Except the Rangers fans - your old club died and we have a 100% record against the new one. GIRFUY.

Dillon should have gone for crimes against football

He looked absolutely shit scared. I've never seen a defender completely freeze every time a balls hit towards them as much as him last night.

Archived