Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

You like stirring up the 'them and us' mentality to troll certain posters, dontcha? >_>

Do you agree Dundee Utd have been grossly mismanaged financially over the years and have been spending well outwith their means since Eddie Thompson took over and started accruing mountains of debt?

Do you agree Utd fans have been blind to this and in fact have taken the opportunity to morally grandstand to Dundee fans over those years whist there club continued to carry out the very behaviours Dundee were being criticised for?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What channel is this on? I'll need to find a pub in Fort William that has Sky/BT sports.

Or even a telly.

Anyway, we have a once in a lifetime chance to utterly humiliate the DABs on the ground upon which they've won many of their significant honours, in front of a large home support. I take it that we are all fully aware of what's going to happen, right?

What channel is this on? I'll need to find a pub in Fort William that has Sky/BT sports.

Or even a telly.

Anyway, we have a once in a lifetime chance to utterly humiliate the DABs on the ground upon which they've won many of their significant honours, in front of a large home support. I take it that we are all fully aware of what's going to happen, right?

Yes we are,

Do you agree Dundee Utd have been grossly mismanaged financially over the years and have been spending well outwith their means since Eddie Thompson took over and started accruing mountains of debt?

Do you agree Utd fans have been blind to this and in fact have taken the opportunity to morally grandstand to Dundee fans over those years whist there club continued to carry out the very behaviours Dundee were being criticised for?

I agree most of them have. Do you want to put down that big tarry brush now, or carry on regardless?

Part of me is hoping Killie don't win on Saturday.

Do you agree United got themselves into a financial mess then got themselves out of it again without going into administration and screwing over their creditors on two seperate occasions like your club did?

Do you agree United got themselves into a financial mess then got themselves out of it again without going into administration and screwing over their creditors on two seperate occasions like your club did?

Did your club clear all its bank debt or did they do a deal to only pay 50% upfront (soft loans) and the rest was written off by the bank?

Did your club clear all its bank debt or did they do a deal to only pay 50% upfront (soft loans) and the rest was written off by the bank?

Don't know is the honest answer. If they managed to get the bank to write of a percentage of their debt that would be a positive thing.

I wouldn't equate reaching an accommodation with the bank with shafting your creditors. Unless I was desperately clutching at straws of course.

I lost a schools cup final tonight at Dens with my U14s, on penalties. Back on Monday for more misery (unfortunately I didn't get a chance to damage anything that would have meant a postponement).

Were you playing? - couple of pics from the game here http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/27-04-2016-Schools-Cup-Finals-at-Dens-Park/G0000SMyVpGD5dpg and a few more from the 15s final where Grove slaughtered St Johns

Yours was a cracking match - worst penalty decision I've ever seen to make it 2-1 to Grove

Who knows for sure, unless it's public record? If your scenario is accurate, then it's good business.

Especially if the bank took a hit. Unless you intend to defend the banking crisis too.....

Analogous, I know, but if you were struggling on a personal level, you'd take that deal ten times out of ten.

Disingenuous and / or completely naive to claim otherwise, IMO.

You think Arabs are boycotting because of unemployment and poverty?

BTW, what is it you do for a living.

I don't think that, no. Dundee United fans have said that this is the reason they are though.

I work for a living and have put on here what I work as, numerous times.

Were you playing? - couple of pics from the game here http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/27-04-2016-Schools-Cup-Finals-at-Dens-Park/G0000SMyVpGD5dpg and a few more from the 15s final where Grove slaughtered St Johns

Yours was a cracking match - worst penalty decision I've ever seen to make it 2-1 to Grove

I'm a teacher at Morgan and it was one of the teams I'm responsible for. It was a great final, neither team deserved to lose. 

Who knows for sure, unless it's public record? If your scenario is accurate, then it's good business.

Especially if the bank took a hit. Unless you intend to defend the banking crisis too.....

Analogous, I know, but if you were struggling on a personal level, you'd take that deal ten times out of ten.

Disingenuous and / or completely naive to claim otherwise, IMO.

That was in response to Granny's post about not paying all the debt. Just pointing out that both clubs haven't paid off all their debt, whether it was good practice or not.

It was in the papers and heralded at the time of this deal with the banks by Arabs, that they were so fortunate to have such a forward thinking and clever chairman, changed days.

Archived