Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

Football clubs are too quick to sack managers these days. I think TBS was right to give McNamara a chance. However, it's probably ruined both their reputations by doing so. Mixu has probably got it even worse though, he'll be back working on the whale boats after this. No chance he'll get another gig in football.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Steven Thompson has made 1 mistake and everything else was down to Eddie ?

R u sure on this ?

How is it possible for you to actually quote my post then actually misquote it? I said he made one mistake that had a knock on effect and led to other mistakes. So that's more than one mistake, though the other mistakes could have been avoided if he hadn't made the first one. Now that's not too difficult for you to understand is it?

As for Eddie Thompson, he was an astute business man who wore tangerine tinted glasses. He lost perspective when it came to the club he loved and the deep financial problems that United got into stemmed from his stewardship.

Eddie Thompson spent too much money unwisely and this caused problems. His son and successor has been getting it in the neck despite having turned the club's finanaces around drastically. StephenThompson made one huge mistake that had knock on effects that led, unfortunately, to other bad mistakes.

His mistake being that he ran the club to make a large (massive this year) operating loss on the basis that he could sell a 'golden child' each season? - totally unsustainable business model?

Nope I get the first part . Your just being a fanny ( pull my strings would of understood, take a note out of his book).

So its eddies Thompson fault that led into all these financial problems ? Yet I thought your well off? ( ask fellow fans regarding this pull my strings may help you).

I've never claimed we are 'well off', however as of the last set of published accounts we are in the black to the tune of £3.3 million. That's the first time we have been in the black since 2008.

It's under Stephen Thompson's stewardship that we have gone from a lengthy period of being technically insolvent to being solvent.

You were 14 points behind St Mirren that day with 8 games to play.

Really? Funny how that wasn't mentioned at the time and it was dubbed "the relegation derby".

General point still stands, though. We follow through thick and thin; you don't.

Out of interest, does anyone know how many fans we had at Tannadice in 2013 when United could have relegated us?

Couldn't get relegated that day so hardly applies - circa 4000 Dundee fans there.

Smallest Dundee support was the Dee4Life boycott (ill advised) during first admin season - were over 2500 Dundee fans there.

The Juan-two-three derby there were less than 2000 United fans in attendance - that's the low modern day away derby attendance record which looks like getting broken on Monday.

Out of interest, does anyone know how many fans we had at Tannadice in 2013 when United could have relegated us?

Asked the question at Dens this afternoon. They think we had between 2500 - 3000 max

Archived